Ayurvedic Treatment For Kidney Diseases In Dogs With Herbal Remedies
Dogs are domesticated descendants of the wolf, dogs breed vary widely in shape and size and perform many roles in humans such as hunting, protection and in military companionship, the relationship between dogs and humans is man’s best friend. Species are different but the body functions are similar to human beings. Kidneys are helpful to filter out waste and balance out the nutrients in the body. The other main function is to increase the production of red blood cells and maintain blood pressure and help in calcium metabolism. Problems in kidneys can create many health disorders in dogs which need to be managed at the proper time. In this article, we are going to discuss its causes, types and its ayurvedic management in detail further in the article.
Renal disease and renal failure are conditions which cause a negative impact on the health and functioning of the kidney. This disease is caused by the filtration becoming ineffective, the flow of blood is increased to increase the filtration. In the body the increased amount of flowing through the kidney is decreased so there is less removal of toxins which results in more urine production, so they become dehydrated for which consumption of water is increased this is the early sign of kidney failure which is known as compensated renal failure. It is helpful in cleaning the waste products from the blood. There is a rapid rise in the waste products in the bloodstream which causes severe kidney disease and the onset of severe disease. Sometimes it becomes very difficult to diagnose kidney disease in the early stages which causes an ill effect in fur friends. Due to the improper building of toxins, there is improper working which causes permanent damage to kidneys. The early sign of kidney disease is seen at 10-14 years of age.
FACTS ABOUT KIDNEY DISEASE IN DOGS
- Kidney disease is one of the most common causes of suffering and death in pets which causes permanent damage.
- Certain factors such as kidney stones, urinary tract infections and Lyme disease often makes hereditary kidney disease.
- IDEXX SDMA is a test marker for kidney disease which is helpful in identifying the decline in kidney disease.
TYPES OF KIDNEY DISEASE
- Acute renal Failure- It is mainly associated with toxins and infections, there is a sudden decline in the functions of the kidney over a period of time. If it is diagnosed on time it can be easily cured.
- It is due to sudden damage to renal parenchyma which causes a decrease in the glomerular filtration rate.
- It can be identified as ischemia, infection and nephrotoxicity.
- Chronic renal failure- It is the gradual loss of kidney functions over a period of week and month, which is caused by the degeneration of kidneys which is associated with aging. It is due to functional and structural changes in dogs.
- It is mainly due to inflammatory conditions such as Pancreatitis and other inflammatory conditions.
ACUTE KIDNEY FAILURE-
- Antifreeze (radiator fluid), home cleansers
- Raisins and grapes
- Certain drugs such as ibuprofen
- Severe infections (such as leptospirosis) cause kidney failure as it decreases the blood flow through which the kidney suffers from kidney failure.
- Dehydration (vomiting and diarrhea)
- Heatstroke causes damage to the tissues such as in the case of bee stings and snake bites.
CHRONIC KIDNEY FAILURE–
- It is mainly due to aging, which is considered as wearing out of kidney diseases.
- Ulcers are found in the mouth
- Bad breath
- Loss of appetite
- Geriatric degeneration
- Congenital disease
- Bacterial infections- In this kidneys become inflamed and renal cells get destroyed.
- Plaque deposits on teeth where bacteria grow for long periods of time and further cause renal insufficiency.
SYMPTOMS OF RENAL DISEASE IN DOGS
- Drinking too much water and producing large amounts of water.
- Depression with an elevation of waste products in blood.
- Weakness by low potassium in the blood.
- Blood during urination
- Weight loss
- Intestinal seizures
- Dental problems such as pale gums, smelly breath and sometimes mouth ulcers.
- Loss of interest while interacting
FAMILIAL RENAL DISEASE IN DOGS
- Basenji– It is caused due to kidney tubular dysfunction which is similarly seen in Fanconi syndrome in humans.
- Beagle– They get affected due to the deposition of amyloid in the kidney, which causes glomerular amyloidosis.
- Bull Terrier– It is affected by inherited kidney disease where the protein in urine is seen at the basement membrane.
- Cairn Terrier- They are affected by polycystic kidney disease, various small cysts are found in the kidney. It is an inherited autosomal recessive disease.
- Doberman Pinscher- They are affected by the basement membrane which further progresses to kidney failure.
- German Shepherds- They are affected by multiple cystadenocarcinomas of the kidney and usually appear between 5-11 years of age.
- Samoyed- They can be affected by the basement membrane of the kidney which is by X linked to inherited and affects the male dog, which includes various symptoms such as the presence of protein in the urine and glucose.
- Welsh Corgis- they get affected by telangiectasias which show red black colour nodules in the kidneys causing hydronephrosis and abdominal pain.
- Standard Poodles are affected by renal dysplasia, which further causes renal failure.
- Urinalysis and blood analysis, these tests are helpful to evaluate the functions of the kidney.
- Low urine specific gravity is the first indication of kidney failure.
- SDMA concentration is seen in kidney functions.
- Elevated BUN (blood urea nitrogen) and CREA (blood creatinine) are diagnosed in dogs which causes azotemia.
- Ultrasound imaging
It usually involves two phases- the first phase includes the flushing of kidney toxins and removing the accumulated toxins from the blood. This flushing process is known as diuresis which is helpful in managing the damaged kidney cells to regain and remove the toxic metabolites.
- IV Fluids- it is helpful in restoring good hydration and flushing out the toxins in the bloodstream.
- Medications– Antibiotics are given to get off the infections.
- Temporary feeding tube
- Monitoring- To repeatedly check the blood pressure, body weight, electrocardiogram and many blood tests.
- Potassium- It is seen that in acute chronic kidneys the levels of potassium increase and in chronic kidneys there the level of potassium tends to decrease.
- Advanced therapy-
- Peritoneal dialysis
In the second phase, it is fully dependent upon diet and with phosphate binder
- Special diet– reduces the amount of protein and low level of phosphorus. As there is decreased protein then the workload of kidneys is lessened.
- Phosphate is removed by the kidney, but in kidney disease, the phosphorus gets accumulated in the blood which further causes lethargy and low appetite, the drugs will be advised to not get absorbed in the bloodstream, which lowers the level of phosphorus.
In ayurveda, Pashu chikitsa is the branch of ayurveda in which all kind of treatment of cows, dogs and horses are mentioned, Kidney disease known as Vrikk Rogas and mutra doshas vikarawhich is mainly due to the vitiation of Vata doshas. Vitiation of Vata doshas causes impairment of kidney functions, whereas Kapha doshas are responsible for the blockages seen in the minor channels of the body which are known as Srotas. Due to blockage in the channels, there is shrinkage of the kidney which further denies fluid. When there is an imbalance of agni (fire element) disturbs the process of formation and filtration of urine, due to accumulation of urine. Ayurvedic treatment includes many healthy changes in diet and lifestyle changes which is helpful in eradicating the root cause and treating the condition completely.
HERBAL REMEDIES BY PLANET AYURVEDA FOR KIDNEY DISEASES IN DOGS
Planet ayurveda is a renowned GMP-certified, ISO 9001-2015 certified US-FDA registered ayurvedic company which adhered to the aim of manufacturing quality ayurvedic medications as described in the ancient ayurvedic textbooks. These products are made up of pure herbs without any additions of preservatives and any chemicals which do not cause any side effects. Planet ayurveda provides effective treatment for kidney disease in dogs which is helpful in this without causing any side effects.
1. MUTRAKRICHANTAK CHURNA
2. RENCURE FORMULA
3. PUNARNAVA MANDUR
4. VARUNADI VATI
5. CHANDANADI VATI
1. Mutrakrichantak churna
Mutrakrichantak churna is polyherbal churna which is prepared by planet ayurveda using ingredients such as Bhumi Amla (Phyllanthus niruri), Kalmegh (Andrographis paniculata), Gokshur (Tribulus terrestris), Varun (Crataeva nurvala). It is helpful in filtering the kidney and helpful in relieving urinary tract disorders and in creatinine levels. Has diuretic property which is useful in painful micturition.
Dosage– 1 teaspoon twice daily with plain water.
2. Rencure Formula
Rencure Formula is a polyherbal capsule which is prepared by planet ayurveda using Kasni (Cichorium intybus), Palaash (Butea monosperma), Varun (Crataeva nurvala) and many more. It is helpful in protecting the normal functioning of the liver and is used against kidney stones. Rencure formula is helpful in regulating blood sugar levels and inhibiting the oxidizing effects of free radicals.
Dosage– 2 capsules twice daily with plain water after a meal.
3. Punarnava Mandur
Punarnava Mandur is a herbal supplement made by planet ayurveda using ingredients such as Punarnava (Boerhaavia diffusa), Pippali (Piper longum), Amalaki (Emblica Officinalis), Haridra (Curcuma longa), Mandoor bhasma (Ferric oxide calx) and many more. It is helpful in many diseases such as anemia, splenomegaly and in piles. Useful in alleviating inflammation and reducing swelling. Punarnava mandur is used in kidney-related disorders and is a natural diuretic.
Dosage- 2-2 tablets twice daily with lukewarm water.
4. Varunadi Vati
Varunadi Vati is a classical herbal tablet used by planet ayurveda using ingredients such as Varun (Crataeva nurvala), Shuddha Guggul (Commiphora Mukul), and many more. It is an effective remedy for urinary tract problems and is used to reduce the pain caused by renal stones. Varunadi Vati is used to reduce the toxins in the kidney and in nephrotic syndrome. Helpful in maintaining a good creatinine level and maintaining the immune system.
Dosage- 2 tablets thrice daily with lukewarm water.
5. Chandanadi Vati
Chandanadi Vati is a herbal tablet formulated by planet Ayurveda using Safed Chandan, Safed Ral, Kapur, Gairik, Pashanbhed and many more. It is helpful in maintaining healthy digestion and in the healthy circulation of blood. Helpful in renal glycosuria, nephrotic syndrome and in many skin disorders. Active against localized microbial growth.
Dosage- 2 tablets twice daily with lukewarm water
Contact Planet Ayurveda Support Team to provide you the costing/ordering and delivery information at – email@example.com or Call at 0172-521-4040 (India), +91-172-521-4040 (Outside India) or Whatsapp at (+91) 842-749-4030.
Dogs are domesticated descendants of the wolf, dogs breed vary widely in shape and size and perform many roles in humans such as hunting, protection and in military companionship, the relationship between dogs and humans is man’s best friend. Renal disease and renal failure are conditions which cause a negative impact on the health and functioning of the kidney. This disease is caused by the filtration becoming ineffective, the flow of blood is increased to increase the filtration. Due to the improper building of toxins, there is improper working which causes permanent damage to kidneys. The early sign of kidney disease is seen at 10-14 years of age. In ayurveda, kidney disease is known as Vrikk Rogas and mutra doshas vikarawhich is mainly due to the vitiation of Vata doshas. Planet Ayurveda provides many herbal remedies which are helpful in kidney diseases without causing any side effects.
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- What is Urticarial Vasculitis? – Causes, Symptoms and Ayurvedic Treatment - March 23, 2023
- Lower Back Pain & its Natural Management Ayurveda - March 16, 2023
- Herbal Remedies for Meralgia Paresthetica (Bernhardt-Roth Syndrome) - March 15, 2023
- Scotty Cramp Disease in Scottish Terriers - March 13, 2023
- Treatment of Granulomatous Meningoencephalitis (GME) in Dogs - February 18, 2023