Ayurvedic Treatment For Costochondritis With Herbal Remedies
Costochondritis is a condition in which the cartilage that connects your upper ribs to your breastbone becomes inflamed. Costochondral junctions are the name for these locations. Chest discomfort is a symptom of the illness, although it’s normally innocuous and goes away without therapy. However, any chest discomfort in an adult should be treated seriously and you should get your heart evaluated and examined. In this article, we are going to discuss in detail about this topic.
Costochondritis is an infection of the area where the breastbone connects to the upper ribs through cartilage. The most frequent symptom is chest discomfort, which may go away on its own with time; nevertheless, any kind of chest pain should not be ignored and should be treated as soon as possible to establish the source. This is because, although the condition is normally harmless and only lasts a few minutes, the pain may be terrible, akin to a cardiac arrest.
Causes of Costochondritis
Doctors aren’t sure why costochondritis develops, but they do know that some factors might contribute to it:
- Minor stress to your chest wall on a regular basis
- Use of your arms excessively
- Arthritis, Osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis and other cartilage-related disorders may all cause costochondritis
- Tumors, These may travel from your joints and other areas of your body to your chest and lodge there
- Viruses cause respiratory illnesses
- Bacterial infections, particularly in persons who have undergone surgery near their upper chest or who take IV medications
- Infections with fungi (in rare cases)
Symptoms of Costochondritis
- Costochondritis causes chest discomfort that occurs after exercise, slight trauma, or an upper respiratory infection.
- Sharp discomfort at the front of your chest, usually on the left side, around where your breastbone and ribs connect. It has the potential to expand to your back or tummy.
- When you take a big breath or cough, you may experience pain. When you stop moving or your breathing slows down, it becomes better.
- Tenderness in the rib joints when you push on them. You probably don’t have costochondritis if you don’t experience this discomfort.
- If costochondritis develops as a result of an infection after surgery, you may notice redness, swelling, or pus discharge at the surgical site.
Diagnosis of Costochondritis
Costochondritis is diagnosed by excluding other primary causes of chest discomfort and observing specific signs. There is no particular test for the diagnosis of costochondritis there. However, as previously indicated, specific procedures such as chest x-rays, echocardiograms, and blood tests may be used to rule out serious reasons that might be connected to the symptoms present. These tests will aid in determining the reason for your chest discomfort.
Risk Factors For Costochondritis
- In children and teenagers, costochondritis is a prevalent cause of chest discomfort. It is responsible for 10% to 30% of all chest discomfort in youngsters. The disease is most prevalent between the ages of 12 and 14.
- Costochondritis is more common in children who often carry hefty book backpacks over one shoulder.
- Costochondritis affects women more than men in adulthood (70 percent vs. 30 percent).
Treatment of Costochondritis
In mild situations, no special treatment is needed, and the disease may be handled with simple home remedies. Over-the-counter pain relievers, ice packs or heat packs, avoiding heavy and hard activities and weight lifting, and stretching exercises are some of the home remedies. However, in more serious circumstances, you will need to seek medical attention. In this situation, most individuals choose natural approaches that have no long-term adverse effects and efficiently cure the illness. Ayurveda is the solution to this natural therapy system, in which illnesses are treated with natural herbal treatments and procedures.
Planet Ayurveda products for Costochondritis
Ayurveda is a system of medicine that has been practiced for thousands of years. In the realm of Ayurveda, Planet Ayurveda is a well-known name. It is a herbal firm that provides therapy for a variety of chronic and difficult ailments using herbal medications made from pure and high-quality plants. Planet Ayurveda also has a mix of herbal remedies for costochondritis that may help manage and cure the ailment organically. Below are the formulations:-
- Hakam Churna
- Osteo Plan Capsules
- Sinhnaad Guggul
- Boswellia Curcumin
1. Hakam Churna
This Ayurvedic concoction contains Kalonji (Nigella sativa), Methi (Trigonella foenum-graecum), Ajwain (Trachyspermum ammi) and Chandrashoor (Lepidium Sativum) and is effective in the treatment of inflammation, especially in the joints, bones and cartilages. By balancing the three doshas in the body, it aids in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, sciatica, osteoarthritis, stiff backs, and other ailments.
Dosage: 1 teaspoonful, twice daily with warm water after meals.
2. Osteo Plan Capsules
To cure bone, joint and cartilage disorders, these wonderful herbal capsules are prepared with herbs like Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera), Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus), Arjuna (Terminalia arjuna) and Hadjod (Cissus quadrangularis). It decreases pain, swelling, soreness and redness while also strengthening bones in the affected region.
Dosage: 1 capsule twice daily with warm water after meals.
3. Sinhnaad Guggul
These herbal tablet formulations are based on Ayurvedic classics and are made from the highest grade herbs. Triphala (Terminalia Chebula Linn), Shuddha gandhak (Purified Sulphur) and Shuddha guggulu (Commiphora wightii) are the herbs utilized in it. These amazing pills operate together to relieve pain and swelling in the afflicted region while also strengthening bones and cartilages.
Dosage: 2 tablets twice daily with warm water after meals.
4. Boswellia Curcumin
This polyherbal pill is made up of two herbs: Sallaki and Curcumin (active compound of turmeric). Both of these herbs aid in the relief of pain and inflammation as well as the natural treatment of the ailment.
Dosage: 2 capsules twice daily with warm water after meals.
Costochondritis is an inflammatory ailment that may be effectively treated with herbal treatments. These remedies also offer additional strength to joints, bones, and cartilages, preventing further damage. Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries about how Planet Ayurveda professionals can help you with your naturopathic remedies.
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- AYURVEDIC HERBS FOR NURTURING LIVER - February 9, 2024
- WHAT ARE FENNEL SEEDS? HEALTH BENEFITS - February 9, 2024
- BLACK PEPPER IN AYURVEDA, HISTORY, FORMATION AND EFFECT ON HEALTH - February 7, 2024
- CORIANDER SEEDS, HISTORY, PROPERTIES & HEALTH BENEFITS - February 2, 2024
- CUMIN DEFINITION, VARIETIES, TRADITIONAL USES & ITS EFFECTS ON HEALTH - February 1, 2024