TOP 6 KIDNEY DAMAGING HABITS AND HOW AYURVEDA CAN HELP IN REVERSING KIDNEY DAMAGE NATURALLY
In modern world various problems are being encountered on daily basis which are related to our lifestyle and food habits. A long term effect of these habits can have bad effect on our organs and health. Human body comprises different organ systems for functioning circulatory and excretory systems are two most important organ systems for body functioning and these are interconnected. Kidney and heart are considered the most precious organs of our body as they function as pumping and filtration respectively. So the effect on one system puts an impact on other systems as well. For example, high blood pressure will affect the heart by showing symptoms like cardiomegaly and also on kidneys like chronic kidney disease (CKD) and kidney failure.
Introduction – Here are few habits which are responsible for kidney damage
- Excessive salt intake and excessive alcohol intake
- Lack of physical exercise and lack of proper sleep
- Overuse of painkillers (OTC) and less water intake
- Diabetes and High blood pressure
- Smoking and drug abuse
- Consuming too much protein and non vegetarian diet
1. EXCESSIVE SALT AND ALCOHOL INTAKE
Excessive salt intake can also give rise to few other health conditions as sodium amount in body is increased due to salt intake . This sodium load puts a pressure on blood vessels and causes hypertension and heart related issues as well.
Alcohol consumption on the other hand is also bad for our kidneys if done in more or uncontrolled manner. This can give rise to many health conditions. Regular usage of whiskey can raise uric acid generation and due to alcohol the normal functioning of the kidney is hampered and hence their ability of blood filtering is also hampered . Alcohol intake also affects normal blood pressure that is also bad for kidney or renal functioning.
2. LACK OF PHYSICAL EXERCISE AND SLEEP
These two habits play an important role in life. According to ayurvedic texts three factors are said to be important these are also called TRAYO-UPSTAMBHA
- Ahara (proper dietetic regimen)
- Nidra (proper sleep)
- Brahmacharya (maintaining celibacy and physical strength)
Lack of physical exercise – According to a survey people who have a long sitting schedule are more likely to have kidney related problems . A proper regular physical activity improves metabolism and normalizes blood pressure which is meant to be a good habit for kidney functioning. As exercise helps in maintaining a healthy weight. Which is also a good sign for kidney functioning . obese person can more easily develop kidney related problems than a healthy person.
Lack of proper sleep – People with irregular and disturbed sleep cycles are more prone for kidney related disorders, as sleep is very important for regeneration and healing of the kidney . Bad Sleep wake cycles can damage the kidney and cause (atherosclerosis) and high bp. Sleep wake cycle can help in maintaining the workload of kidneys .
3. OVERUSE OF OTC (OVER THE COUNTER )-(PAINKILLERS AND WEIGHT GAINERS) AND LESS WATER INTAKE-
- People with chronic disorders like frequent headaches and muscle aches , migraine or other pain related issues , arthritis etc have a habit of regular tablet consumption which gives you relief from the pain but on the other hand they are dangerous for kidneys. According to a report published in TIMES OF INDIA and ARCHIEVES OF INTERNAL MEDICINE long term use of medicines can cause kidney cancer and increase the probability up to 50%.
- Less water intake – Not keeping our body hydrated can increase chances of kidney problems and stones. As per medical science an average healthy human male should consume 4.2litres of water in 24 hours and a healthy female should consume around 3-4 liters a day for proper healthy working of the kidney and body. Good water intake can keep you hydrated and maintains blood circulation in the kidney and body and also helps in prevention of kidney stones formation and flushing out and helps in excreting metabolic waste.
4. DIABETES AND HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE
These two conditions are considered to be the most leading cause of CKD (chronic kidney disorder) high sugar levels not only damages the kidney but also cause hypertension .
These two factors cause damage to blood vessels of the kidney and hypertension can cause heart vessels damage and kidney failure as well. Damaged vessels can also be a reason for lower limb swelling, foamy and frequent peeing, nausea, fatigue.
5. SMOKING AND DRUG ABUSE
Habit of smoking too much can cause dehydration and protein presence in urine. More amount of protein is bad for kidney functioning and smoking and other drugs also affects blood flow inside the kidney. These substances being hot in nature reduce the level of fluid inside the body hence hempors blood flow and kidney functioning.
6.CONSUMING TOO MUCH PROTEIN , PROCESSED FOOD AND MEAT
Regular Consumption of processed food can increase sodium and phosphorus levels in the body and these chemicals are not good for kidney functioning .
Consuming meat or animal meat protein generates high amounts of acid in the blood. This condition of more acid in blood is called acidosis. In this condition the kidney is not able to eliminate enough acid and affects the organ.
Home Remedies And Herbs
*Avoiding the above explained habits is the first key to get rid of these disorders. Here are a few plants that can prevent kidney disorders.
- Giloy– It protects the kidneys against the harmful effects of aflatoxin on the kidneys. This is because it contains alkaloids. It has antioxidant properties which helps and scavenge free radicals produced during aflatoxicosis, which reduces kidney damage.
- Turmeric -Turmeric is beneficial for kidney patients because it increases plasma protein levels, lowers blood urea and creatinine levels and can help improve kidney function.
- Ginger – The anti-inflammatory properties of ginger help reduce swelling and pain associated with nephritis.
- Triphala (haritaki, bibhitaki and amalaki) – Triphala herb is very good for improving kidney function naturally. Thanks to this, the liver and kidneys are strengthened – the organs responsible for removing toxins from the body.
HERBAL REMEDIES FOR KIDNEY DISEASES BY PLANET AYURVEDA
Planet Ayurveda manufactures Ayurvedic medicines derived entirely from plants. Planet’s medicine does not contain additives, chemicals or preservatives. All products are GMP certified and 100% vegan. Planet Ayurveda provides herbal remedies for Healthy kidney they are following:
Product name – REVIVE KIDNEY PACK
- Mutrakrichantak Churna
- Rencure formula
- Varunadi vati
- Punarnava Mandur
- Chandanadi vati
1. Mutrakrichantak Churna
It is a herbal power blend of Varun (Crataeva nurvala), Gokshur (Tribulus terrestris), Bhumiamla (Phyllanthus niruri) Kalmegh (Andrographis paniculata) it acts as diuretic and have anti inflammatory properties so it helps in promoting kidney health.
Dosage – 1 tsp twice daily with warm water.
2. Rencure Formula
It is a polyherbal formulation made by planet ayurveda. It is made with ingredients such as Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa) Gokshur (Tribulus terrestris) Varun (Crataeva nurvala) Palaash(butea monosperma) Kasni (cichorium intybus) it helps by preventing further damage to kidney and drain out renal calculi.
Dosage – 2 capsules twice daily with warm water.
3. Varunadi Vati
It is a herbal formulation which is combination of these drugs- Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa) Gokshur (Tribulus terrestris) Varun (Crataeva nurvala) shuddha guggul (Commiphora mukul) it helps in kidney disease and UTI’s by balancing water level and pacifies excessive lipid production which is one of the main cause of kidney disorders.
Dosage – 2 tablets thrice daily with lukewarm water after food.
4. Punarnava Mandur
This is a classical herbal formulation which is in tablet form and this is combination of punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa) shunthi(zingiber officinale) ,pippali (piper longum), maricha (piper nigrum) , amalaki (emblika officinalis), haritaki (terminalia chebula) , chavya (piper chaba), haridra (curcuma longa), vidanga (embelia ribes). pippali helps to balance vata and kapha which are the main cause of kidney disorders.
Dosage -2 tab twice daily after food.
5. Chandanadi Vati
This classical formation is manufactured and also available at planet ayurveda. It contains safed chandan (Santanum album), safed rai (shorea robusta), katha (senegalia catechu), amalaki (Emblica officinalis), gairik (red ochre) etc. It has a soothing and calming effect on the urinary tract. As it has Anti- inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Also prescribed in UTI’s.
Dosage – 2 tablets twice daily after meal with lukewarm water.
Kidney disorders and conditions related to kidneys are mostly due to lifestyle mistakes which almost 60-70% people are making everyday. This article gives you a detailed description regarding habits which are responsible for damage in the kidney and also explains things which are to be avoided and ayurvedic medication by planet ayurveda. If we follow our vedic science and try to maintain TRAYO UPSTAMBHA and DOSHA DHATU BALANCE we can achieve the ultimate health and if we control our manas ( kama (desires), krodha(anger), lobha(grief) adi ) and maintain satva we can achieve the ultimate goal of humans that is MOKSHA(salvation). Follow a healthy and vedic lifestyle and stay healthy.
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- SARCOIDOSIS ALTERNATIVE AND NATURAL TREATMENT IN AYURVEDA - November 29, 2023
- ENLARGED PROSTATE GLAND OR PROSTATE ENLARGEMENT – ALTERNATIVE TREATMENT WITH NATURAL REMEDIES - November 24, 2023
- PARONYCHIA (NAIL INFECTION) – OVERVIEW, SYMPTOMS, CAUSES AND TREATMENT - November 24, 2023
- AYURVEDIC REMEDIES AND NATURAL TREATMENT FOR HEMOPHAGOCYTIC LYMPHOHISTIOCYTOSIS - November 23, 2023
- Ayurvedic Treatment of Tourette Syndrome - November 22, 2023