Natural Cure for Myasthenia Gravis with Herbal Remedies
Myasthenia gravis is not known by many people.This article is going to give all the informations regarding Myasthenia gravis and its related common questions which generally asked by people.Both allopathic and ayurvedic give an excellent results but ayurvedic treatment proves as the safest further no complication results in Myasthenia gravis.Myasthenia gravis is an autoimmune neuromuscular disorder.This term may be difficult to understand so breaks the term as auto means self and immune means body’s defense mechanism against antigens(foreign bodies).Whereas neuromuscular disorder involve the muscles and the nerves that control them.Planet ayurveda provides the best holistic treatment for Myasthenia gravis.
Myasthenia gravis is an autoimmune neuromuscular disorder which is most prevalent in young women aged 20-30 .It leads to muscle weakness hence inability to chew foods properly.Drooping of eyelids is also seen in Myasthenia gravis.Being an autoimmune disorder it generally affects body’s own immune system.In Myasthenia gravis ,body’s antibodies block the Ach acetylcholine receptors which is needed for muscle contraction.
WHAT ARE THE CAUSES OF MYASTHENIA GRAVIS?
- As we know, Myasthenia gravis causes weakness of the voluntary (skeletal) muscles.
- The cause of autoimmune disorders such as myasthenia gravis is unknown.
- In some cases,myasthenia gravis may be associated with tumors of the thymus .
- Patients with myasthenia gravis have a higher risk of having other autoimmune disorders such as thyrotoxicosis,systemic lupus erythematosus (lupus),and rheumatoid arthritis.
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF MYASTHENIA GRAVIS?
- In most cases,the first noticeable symptom is weakness of the eye muscles.In others,difficulty in swallowing and slurred speech may be the first signs.
- The onset of the disorder is sudden.Often symptoms are intermittent.
- It is generally seen that diagnosis of myasthenia gravis may be delayed if the symptoms are variable.
- The muscle weakness of Myasthenia gravis worsens with activity and improves with rest.
- Muscles that control eye and eyelid movement,facial expressions are affected.The muscles that control breathing and neck and limb movements can also be affected .
Weakness in affected muscles may cause:
- The patient may experience breathing difficulty because of weakness of the chest wall muscles.
- The patient may experience chewing or swallowing difficulty,causing frequent gagging and choking.
- The patient may experience difficulty climbing stairs ,lifting objects or rising from a seated position.
- The patient may experience difficulty in talking.
- The patient may experience a drooping head.
- The patient may experience facial paralysis too..
- The patient may experience double vision or diplopia.
- The patient may experience difficulty maintaining a steady gaze.
- The patient may experience fatigue.
- The patient may experience hoarseness or a changing voice.
- The patient may experience eyelid drooping.
It is a necessary step for the people to understand the symptoms of Myasthenia gravis.
WHAT ARE THE INVESTIGATIONS FOR MYASTHENIA GRAVIS?
Physical examination may reveal muscle weakness that progressively worsens as the muscle is used.In many people with Myasthenia gravis , the eye muscles are affected first.The patient’s reflexes and sensation are normal.Weakness from Myasthenia gravis may affect the arms, legs , breathing or swallowing muscles, and any other muscle group.
- Acetylcholine receptor antibodies (may be present in the blood)
- CT or MRI scan of the chest
- NCS Nerve Conduction study.
- EMG (Electromyography )
- Let’s discuss the above investigations .
- Here CT (COMPUTED TOMOGRAPHY ) may show abnormal growth of thymus cells or show evidence of Thymoma.
- EMG is known as Electromyography which measures electrical activity in response to stimulation of the nerve of the muscle.
- NCS (Nerve conduction study) measures how fast an electrical impulse moves through nerve conduction in the nervous system.This gives a clear indication about Nerve damage .During this procedure the nerve is stimulated with electrode patches around the skin.
WHAT IS THE TREATMENT FOR MYASTHENIA GRAVIS?
According to modern medicine the treatment for myasthenia gravis
Corticosteroids and immunosuppressants are the first choice of drugs in the treatment for Myasthenia gravis.These medications help to reduce the abnormal immune response that is most observed by the patient in Myasthenia gravis. Moreover cholinesterase inhibitors, such as pyridostigmine (Mestinon), have been used to increase the communication duration between nerves and muscles.
Thymus gland removal
It is known as the removal of the thymus gland. It is part of the immune system that may be appropriate for many patients who are suffering with Myasthenia Gravis. Once the thymus gland is removed, patients generally show less muscle weakness.Benign Tumors are always removed because they may become cancerous.
3. Plasma exchange
Plasmapheresis is a procedure which is also known as a plasma exchange. The process helps in the removal of harmful antibodies from the blood. This may result in an improvement in muscle strength of the patient. Whereas Plasmapheresis is a short-term treatment. Here the body will continuously produce harmful antibodies and weakness may recur in the patient. Plasma exchange shows excellent results before surgery as well as during times of extreme weakness of Myasthenia gravis.
4. Intravenous immune globulin
Generally this treatment Intravenous immune globulin (IVIG) is not known by the patient.It is known as a blood product which comes from the blood donors. It’s generally used in autoimmune Myasthenia gravis . Although it’s not clear whether Intravenous immune globulin is effective or not.It shows an excellent result in the creation and function of antibodies.
AYURVEDIC PERSPECTIVE FOR AUTOIMMUNE DISORDER
After discussion of the Modern aspect of Autoimmune disorder let’s understand about the ayurvedic perspective of Ama.According to Ayurveda Ama is known as the outcome of improper digestion.Here Incomplete or partial digestion of food leads to Ama .Other definition to describe Ama as which brings discomfort is known as Ama.
Charak chikitsa 15/73-74
According to acharya Charak an ancient ayurvedic scholar He mentioned abnormal dosa present in grahani which manifest improperly digested food which may result as salivations,constipation,burning sensation,anorexia,constipation ,pain may known as symptoms of ama.
WHAT ARE THE CAUSES OF AMA DOSHA ?
According to ayurveda the cause of ama dosha is clearly mentioned by acharya charak.
REFERENCE CHARAKA VIMANA STHANA2/18
Ama dosha is caused by excessive consumption of food substances .In take of food which have the following qualities.
- Guru :Heavy
- Ruksha :Unctuous
- Sheeta :Cold
- Shushka :Dry
- Vidahi :Irritant
- Ashuchi :Unclean
Let’s understand the causes of ama.When a person consumes certain food such as Heavy ,cold ,dry and unclean etc food items may lead to production of ama dosha. Moreover, Acharya charak has clearly mentioned that wholesome food in proper quantity doesn’t get digested when the person is afflicted with grief,anger, fear,sorrows , excessive sleep and excessive vigil.
WHAT ARE THE PROPERTIES OF SAMA VATA LAKSHANA?
According to ayurveda our body is composed of three doshas.Vata, pita and kapha.When Vata dosha combines with ama it produces the following signs and symptoms
REFERENCE ASHTANG HRIDAY NIDANA 16/29-30
- Tandra : Fatigue.It means the patient may experience fatigue.
- Staimitya:Here the patient may be inactive.
- Gaurav:Here the patient may experience a feeling of heaviness.
- Shopha:Here the patient may experience swelling.
- Shaitya:It means the patient may experience coldness.
- Shopha :Here the patient may experience swelling.
- Agnihanibhi: Here the patient may experience loss of power of agni.
TREATMENT PRINCIPLES OF MYASTHENIA GRAVI
According to ayurveda treatment principle of Myasthenia gravis is
- Mamsa kshya chikitsa.Here the muscle loss treatment is done .Ashwagandha (Withania somniferum),Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus) etc show an excellent result in the Mamsa kshaya.
- Agni deepan chikitsa with the help of Chitrak (Plumbago zeylanica), Pippali (Piper longum) etc help patients in curing Agni di panam.(Increase of digestive strength)
- Ama pachana sroto shodhan :It means srotas (minute channels in the body) should be purified with the help of a purification procedure.
- Katu rasa (pungent taste) is given initially to promote fire in dhatu (body tissues in the body).
HERBAL REMEDIES BY PLANET AYURVEDA.
Planet ayurveda provides the best ayurvedic treatment for Myasthenia Gravis.Planet ayurveda contains 100% non toxic ,non preservative herbs.Let’s discuss about Herbal remedies provided by planet ayurveda for myasthenia gravis.
1. ASHWAGANDHA CAPSULES
The herbal formulation provided by planet ayurveda for myasthenia gravis shows an excellent result.This herbal formulation contains Ashwagandha (Withania somniferum) and is known as “Winter cherry”.It is the best herb for balancing vata in the body.
DOSAGE – Two capsules twice daily after meal with plain water.
2. BRAHMI CAPSULES
Brahmi capsules are 100% vegetarian and natural.They contain Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri) in extract form.It increases the coordination between brain neurons
DOSAGE – One capsule twice daily after meal with plain water.
3. YOGRAJ GUGGUL
Yograj guggul is nature’s best solution to musculoskeletal disorders. It helps to pacify vata (air ) in the joints, nerves and muscles.It contains the following combination of drugs like Guggul (Commiphora mukul), Chitrak (Plumbago zeylanica) etc for pacification of vata dosha in Myasthenia gravis.
DOSAGE – Two tablets twice a day after meal with plain water.
4. ATIRASADI CHURAN
It contains Safed musli (Chlorophytum borivilianum) ,Kali musli (Curculigo orchioides) ,Ashwagandha (Withania somniferum),etc help in the pacification of Vata dosha in Myasthenia gravis.It also promotes muscle strength.
DOSAGE- One tablespoon twice with warm milk.
Contact my assistant to provide you the costing / ordering and delivery information at – email@example.com or call at +91-172-5214040
This article gives the basic idea about myasthenia disorder.Its main focus is to give the hidden secrets of ancient ayurvedic science along with herbal remedies in Myasthenia gravis.Myasthenia is an autoimmune disorder which affects nerve conduction.Modern medications are useful in myasthenia gravis but the medications provided by planet ayurveda prove as an excellent herbal remedies from Myasthenia gravis completely.If the patient believes ayurvedic science,he or she will definitely see the positiveness in his or her life. Planet ayurveda provides non toxic, non preservative medication in the management of Myasthenia gravis.The concept of Ama (Undigested food material) can not be ignored.It gives a clear clinical symptoms in myasthenia gravis.So Ayurveda science is the best science to eliminate any disease from the roots.
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- Ayurvedic Aspect of Encapsulating Peritoneal Sclerosis - September 28, 2023
- Herbal Remedies for Progressive Familial Intrahepatic Cholestasis (PFIC) - September 23, 2023
- HERBS EQUIVALENT TO CYMBALTA IN AYURVEDA - September 4, 2023
- How Can Ayurveda Help In PCOD (Polycystic Ovarian Disease)? – Yoga Tips and Herbal Remedies - September 2, 2023
- Ascites and Its Treatment – Diet and Herbal Remedies - August 29, 2023