Ayurvedic Treatment of Jaundice
Jaundice is also known as icterus that presents yellowing of the skin and eyes. This is caused by hyperbilirubinemia (an excess of bilirubin in the blood). Body fluid may also be yellowish tinge. Bilirubin is a yellow pigment that is formed by the breakdown of dead blood cells in the liver.
Many health babies have jaundice within a week of their birth which goes itself and known as physiological jaundice. Physiological jaundice is due to immaturity of liver in new born. Some times when pathological jaundice occurs for more time it needs to consult doctor as it may be due to some infection.
Bilirubin that is circulating freely in the blood is called unconjugated bilirubin. Liver filters out waste such as bilirubin from the blood. Once it is in the liver, other chemicals latch on to the bilirubin creating a substance called conjugated bilirubin that is secreted in bile and then excreted.
Types of Jaundice
There are three types of jaundice
- Hepatocellular jaundice: jaundice occurs as a result of liver damage.
- Hemolytic jaundice: jaundice which occurs due to breakdown of red blood cells.
- Obstructive jaundice: jaundice that takes place due to the obstruction of bile duct.
Symptoms of jaundice include, yellowish tinge of skin and eyes. Other related symptoms of jaundice are:-
- Abdominal Pain
- Weight Loss
- Dark urine
- More paler stools
Causes of jaundice depend upon underlying conditions. This may be due to inflammation of liver, bile duct obstruction, inflammation of bile duct or may be some other conditions.
Diagnosis of Jaundice
Jaundice may be diagnosed through blood test for bilirubin, complete blood count, hepatitis A, B or through
MRI, Ultrasound, CT.
Ayurvedic treatment for jaundice
Ayurveda has explained many wonderful herbs for the treatment of jaundice and liver related problems. We at Planet Ayurveda offers people an amazing herbal Liver Care Pack to take care of liver.
Planet Ayurveda’s Liver Care Pack contains –
- Yakrit plihantak churna
- Phyllanthus niruri
- Echinacea Capsules
- Liver Detox Capsules
It is a blend of many valuable herbs which are used traditionally for the treatment of jaundice. People who are in initial stage this condition get 100 percent result by using only yakritplihantaka churna only. It contains many pure natural herbs that protect liver. Also proven very effective in liver cirrhosis, alcoholic liver disease etc. herbs used here are Bhumiamalaki, Katuki, Makoy, Punarnava, Kalmegh, Kasani, Sharpunkha and Bhringraj. All these herbs helps in correcting SGOT, SGPT levels and reduces excess fat from the liver therefore improves its functions.
It has fantastic actions on the immune system, Echinacea is found to have Anti-Microbial properties that work well in infective conditions. It treats different types of infections. It is an Anti-inflammatory herb that helps to cure many inflammatory conditions in the body, also decreases the growth of Hepatitis-B, Herpes Virus and Influenza. It is a cardiac protector and an anti-thrombotic product also.
Phyllanthus capsules are very helpful in treating bronchitis, anemia, urinary discharge, thirst and asthma. It helps in building up immunity levels as well. This plant has Anti-Hepatitis, Hepatoprotective and Anti-Hypertensive properties. It cures Jaundice, Constipation, Anorexia and Dysurea too.
These capsules are made with a unique combination of herbs which act on the liver in a natural way. They keep the liver healthy and maintain proper balance of hormones produced in the body. This formula works well if a good diet regimen is followed. This wonderful formula removes toxins from the body and improves liver functions.
These Ayurvedic Formulations contain various above said herbs that are very well known for their actions on liver. Planet Ayurveda’s Liver Care Pack can be taken by anyone suffering from jaundice, hepatitis B, C, D etc, fatty liver, alcoholic liver, enlarged liver, for those who are taking pain killers from long time or those who are chronic alcohol consumers. All these together reduce the burden on liver; enhance whole immune system and increases over all health.
With Ayurvedic Treatment for jaundice, Diet Plan is must. Some guidelines are given below –
- Avoid all processed and junk foods. Check the nutritional value of any packaged products before buying them.
- Try and stick to a healthy and highly nutritious diet to combat the risk of malnutrition. Have boiled food only.
- Maintain blood sugar level if it is there.
- High levels of stress could worsen your general health condition and therefore worsen the liver problems.
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- What is Hyphema?-How Can It be Treated with Ayurveda - September 16, 2022
- Scapular Dyskinesis & Its Treatment With Herbal Remedies - September 16, 2022
- An Ayurvedic Aspect On Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) - September 10, 2022
- Transient Ischemic Attack & Its Ayurvedic Treatment - September 7, 2022
- Efficacy of Dostarlimab in Treating Cancer And Its Effects And How Ayurveda Helps In It? - September 1, 2022