What is Bursitis?-Symptoms, Causes and Ayurvedic Treatment
This article covers all there is to know about bursitis and its many kinds, as well as some successful natural and herbal treatments. It’s a painful disorder that affects the bursae, which are tiny, fluid-filled sacs that cushion the bones, tendons, and muscles around your joints. Resting the injured joint and preventing it from additional stress are common treatments. Bursitis discomfort usually goes away in a few weeks with correct treatment, although repeated bursitis flare-ups are frequent.
Bursitis is a condition in which a bursa sac becomes inflamed or irritated. These sacs may be found all throughout your body. They’re filled with a fluid that reduces friction and rubbing between bones, muscles, tendons, and skin. Bursitis is a frequent condition that affects key joints such as the shoulder, elbow, thighs, elbow, hip, and knee. It happens when the bursa swells up and gets irritated. The bursa works as a shock absorber for the joints by acting as a cushion. The bursa may rupture after an injury, allowing fluid to flow into the joint and producing irritation in the afflicted region. It’s a frequent problem that may affect any synovial joint.
Bursitis comes in a variety of forms
The most common joints affected by bursitis, as well as the particular bursae that may become inflamed, are listed below.
1. Bursitis of the Knee
The knee has numerous bursae, some of which are especially prone to bursitis. The symptoms of knee bursitis differ depending on which bursa is involved. Some of the most frequent knee problems are prepatellar bursitis, Pes anserine bursitis, and iliotibial bursitis.
2. Elbow Bursitis
Bursitis in the olecranon bursa is characterized by swelling at the elbow’s tip. This disorder may also cause joint stiffness, soreness, and discomfort. The most common cause of elbow bursitis is continually resting weight on the elbow. Student’s elbow and miner’s elbow are two nicknames for it.
3.Bursitis of the Heel or Ankle
Swelling of the back of the heel or ankle is an indication of bursitis. Retrocalcaneal bursitis and Subcutaneous calcaneal bursitis are two kinds of bursitis that may affect the heel.
4. Shoulder Bursitis
Shoulder bursitis is often related to shoulder impingement syndrome. The bursa is wedged between the shoulder’s ball-and-socket joint and another bone called the acromion, along with tendons and other soft tissue.
If you have bursitis, the joint that is afflicted may:
- Feeling stiff or achy?
- When you move it or push on it, it hurts much more.
- Look puffy and bloated.
- Joint discomfort that is incapacitating
- Inability to move a joint suddenly
- In the afflicted region, there is excessive edema, redness, bruising, or a rash.
- Sharp or shooting pain, particularly while exercising or exerting oneself
- Fever is a contagious illness.
Repetitive movements or postures that impose pressure on the bursae surrounding a joint are the most prevalent causes of bursitis. Your discomfort might also be caused by an injury.
Factors that are at Risk
Bursitis may affect anybody; however, several conditions might raise your risk:
- Age. With age, bursitis becomes increasingly frequent.
- Hobbies or occupations. Bursitis is more likely to occur if your job or pastime demands repeated motion or pressure on certain bursae. Carpet installation, tile installation, gardening, painting, and playing a musical instrument are just a few examples.
- Other medical problems. Bursitis is more likely to occur if you have certain systemic illnesses and disorders, such as rheumatoid arthritis, gout, or diabetes. Overweight people are more likely to develop hip and knee bursitis.
Treatment of Bursitis
- Rest and ice application are two of the most typical treatments.
- Injections of steroid hormones in the local area
- Finally, a bursectomy may be required for surgical repair.
Treatment with Ayurveda
Bursitis may be treated as a widespread inflammation using therapies like Valuka Sweda, Lepam, or Dhara, depending on the symptoms. The requirement for local Dhara therapy will be greatly reduced if subcutaneous fat is reduced. If the Burs is intact but there is increased inflammation, Upnaha and Lepa therapies (names of Mahasiddhas) are required.
Baluka Sweda is the clinically best therapy for bursitis, in which we utilize herbs like Rasandi with a sand-made poultice, which is gently placed to the joint for a period and results in considerable reductions in pain and inflammation.
Turmeric, Boswellia, Moringa, and Ashwagandha, as well as Pippali (Piper Longum), are anti-inflammatory herbs that may help alleviate some of the symptoms. To ease pain, Ayurveda advises dietary restrictions and holistic therapies such as Snehana (Oleation) of the joint followed by Swedana (Fomentation). Bursitis of the knee joint may benefit from Janu Vasti with Vata-calming oils. Many pharmaceutical remedies are also recommended.
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR DIET According to AYURVEDA
- A healthy food pattern should be followed in accordance with the Ayurvedic way of life.
- The practice of Langhanam (dieting) to lose weight aids in the reduction of joint stress.
- Nuts and dairy products should be included in your diet.
- Carbonated beverages, processed meals, and junk food should all be avoided.
- For recuperation and repair, increase your protein intake with foods like milk, eggs, chicken soup, fish, lentils, curd, and paneer.
- Increase your consumption of foods that reduce Vata, such as rice (aged rice)
- Boiled milk with ghee
What health services does Planet Ayurveda offer?
Planet Ayurveda is a significant Ayurvedic and Natural Health Care company based in India, and all of its supplements are produced from organic herbs and tried-and-true compositions. Whether you need some herbal medication for any kind of Bursitis, there are various products you can choose. The primary goal of this organization is to identify and eliminate the source of any ailment. Curcumin capsules, Giloy capsules, and Immune boosters are just a few of the herbal medications available to help you live a healthier life.
Description of the product
1. Bone Support
Planet Ayurveda’s Bone Maintain capsules are intended to strengthen and support bones, as well as to promote calcium metabolism. That’s how it can cure any kind of Bursitis, as it also contains magnesium, vitamins D and K, and boron.
Dosage: Take 2 capsules with plain water twice a day.
2. Curcumin Capsules
Planet Ayurveda Curcumin Capsule contains a standardized extract of curcumin, which is a key component of turmeric. While there has been research on herbal treatment for Bursitis, most practitioners would recommend anti-inflammatory herbs like turmeric, which are effective. Hence, these capsules can help you in a better way.
Dosage: Take 2 capsules twice a day, after meals, with plain water.
3. Joint Aid Plus
It is a herbal supplement that relieves acute and chronic arthritic pain and inflammation. It also contains extracts of Nirgundi (Vitex negundo), Shallaki (Boswellia serrata), Guggul (Commiphora wightii), Sonth (Zingiber officinale), Giloy, and Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera). These ingredients are especially good in reducing pain and inflammation in those with arthritis, sore joints, and sciatica.
Dosage: Take 2 capsules twice a day, after meals, with plain water.
4. Coral Calcium Complex
Proponents claim that coral calcium has a variety of health advantages, including stronger bones and fewer symptoms of arthritis. Coral calcium is a pure and natural extract that contains a combination of Praval Pishti (Coral), Akik Pishti (Agate), Jawar Mohra Pishti, Kamdudha ras, Mukta Pishti (Pearl), and Giloy Satva, Guduchi (Tinospora Cordifolia). All of these essential elements help to strengthen your bones and prevent you from Bursitis.
Dosage: Take 1 capsule twice a day, after meals, with plain water.
Contact Planet Ayurveda to provide you the costing / ordering and delivery information at – firstname.lastname@example.org or call at +91-172-5214040 Or Check Website – www.PlanetAyurveda.com
We can now generalize that Ayurveda has been shown to be more helpful in a variety of autoimmune diseases. As a consequence, you have the option of pursuing ayurvedic treatment at Planet Ayurveda. It is a large manufacturing enterprise that gives aid to persons based on ayurvedic principles. If you have any queries, please go to www.PlanetAyurveda.com.
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- Lower Back Pain & its Natural Management Ayurveda - March 16, 2023
- Herbal Remedies for Meralgia Paresthetica (Bernhardt-Roth Syndrome) - March 15, 2023
- Scotty Cramp Disease in Scottish Terriers - March 13, 2023
- Treatment of Granulomatous Meningoencephalitis (GME) in Dogs - February 18, 2023
- Masticatory Muscle Myositis in Dogs-Symptoms, Causes & Treatment - February 17, 2023