Natural Treatment of Chlamydia Trachomatis (Sexually Transmitted Disease)
Chlamydia Trachomatis is a common sexually transmitted disease which is mainly caused by bacteria. Infection is the invasion of the tissues which is caused by pathogens which reacts to the tissues and produces various toxins. Infectious disease is known as Transmissible disease or communicable disease which is caused by various bacteria and viruses. Bacteria are the most free-living organisms which have one biological cell and a prokaryotic microorganism. Bacterial infections occur by entering our body and get increased in number which causes an immune reaction in the body. Common bacterial diseases include UTIs (Urinary tract infections), Food poisoning and STIs (Sexually transmitted infections). There are millions of bacteria which live around us, on the surface and soil which live inside our skin and body. If bacteria get into the blood it causes Sepsis which causes organ damage which can be fatal in nature. In this article, we are going to discuss causes, symptoms and ayurvedic aspects in detail further in the article.
Chlamydia is a common sexually transmitted infection which can get from Sexual intercourse and oral sex. Chlamydia is a bacteria which manifests in various forms such as Trachoma, Lymphogranuloma, Venereum and Pelvic inflammatory disease. It is a gram-negative bacteria which replicates only within the host cells. Chlamydia Trachomatis consists of two life stages- Elementary and Reticulate bodies. Elementary Bodies are spore-like and infectious whereas reticulate bodies replicate within the host cells. Chlamydia trachomatis is a group of intracellular parasites of eukaryotic cells, which passes through oral, vaginal and anal sex and can be passed to a baby during childbirth. 40-60% of the people with Chlamydia have no symptoms but can cause various complications. Chlamydia trachomatis can infect the eyes, throat and rectum and causes symptoms like- In the eyes (conjunctivitis) which causes eyelids to appear red and irritated. In the throat (sore throat) and In Rectum it causes rectal pain, discharge and bleeding.
FACTS ABOUT CHLAMYDIA TRACHOMATIS
- Young sexually active women are more susceptible.
- It is contagious from person to person
- Its symptoms differ for Men and Women
- Chlamydia infections have long-term health consequences as they can cause severe infection, Ectopic pregnancy and infertility issues
- 1 in 20 sexually active young women aged 14-24 has Chlamydia
- It is known as Silent Disease as 75% are infected women and 50% are infected males who have no idea
- If a woman is infected with Chlamydia there are 5 times more symptoms to get HIV if exposed
- It causes Reiter’s Syndrome
- When Chlamydia is passed to an early infant it causes Pneumonia and pink eyes (conjunctivitis)
- Chlamydia has an outer membrane which contains Lipopolysaccharide (LPS) and Membrane proteins.
- Peptidoglycan is present in the septum of bacteria and it contains RNA, DNA and Ribosomes which have high-energy phosphate from host cells.
- Chlamydia Trachomatis encodes a protein which is the outer protein membrane on a surface which is exposed.
- The developmental cycle is among micro-organisms which form an elementary body (EB) which is a thick outer membrane that contains a cross-link between outer membrane protein.
- The developmental cycle is initiated when an elementary body gets attached to the mucosal epithelial cells.
- Inside the cell, the elementary body resides in the endosome and prevents the fusion with lysosomes which protect from destruction.
- Chlamydia hijacks the host cells and protects the cell from recognition and attack thus preventing apoptosis.
- 24-72 Hours after the infection, the reticulate bodies transit into the elementary bodies which are released by lysis of the entire inclusion into the genital tract.
- Intercourse- Bacteria passes from one person’s penis to the partner’s vagina or vice versa.
- Anal Sex
- Oral Sex- Bacteria passes from a person’s mouth
- Sex involving toys- As bacteria pass through toys to a person’s vagina, penis and mouth.
- Manual Stimulation of the genitals which is infected by vaginal fluid and semen.
Some of the Risk Factors which includes are
- Not using any barrier method such as Condoms
- Having multiple sexual partners
- History of STDs.
- Chlamydia symptoms in males-
- Burning micturition
- Yellow and green colour discharge
- Lower abdominal pain
- Epididymitis– It is commonly seen in men, with unilateral pain in the testis and palpable swelling with hydrocele.
- Sore throat
- Urethritis– It is commonly seen in men and shows symptoms of penile stripping during the morning hours.
Chlamydia Symptoms in Women
- Vaginal discharge
- Lower abdominal pain
- Cervicitis– 70% are asymptomatic and have mild symptoms such as vaginal discharge, bleeding and intermenstrual bleeding.
- Bleeding in between periods
- Severe pelvic pain
- Increased urination
SOME COMMON SYMPTOMS SUCH AS
- Reactive Arthritis– It is seen in 1% of men who have urethritis from chlamydial infections and develop reactive arthritis (known as reactive arthritis).
- Conjunctivitis- It is a non-purulent discharge, the conjunctiva has a cobbled appearance.
- Pneumonia– Infants who are born to infected mothers with cervical infections, nasal congestion and cough are common but wheezing is uncommon.
- Pharyngitis– The chlamydia Trachomatis seen in the pharynx is identified with nucleic acid amplified tests
- Lymphogranuloma Venereum– It is present with painless genital ulcers, which have a small, stellate appearance. There is a development of inguinal lymphadenopathy with the appearance of ulcers.
- Genital herpes
- Abdominal pain-
- Pelvic Pain-
- Ovarian cysts
- Rectal Discharge-
- Genital Ulceration-
- Herpes Simplex
- Urine test
- Cervical /Vaginal Swab
- NAAT (Nucleic acid amplification test)
- PCR (Polymerase chain reaction)
- ELISA (Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay)
- Direct fluorescent antibody
Uncomplicated Genital Chlamydia
- In neonates, the chlamydial infection is treated with Azithromycin and Erythromycin which is associated with the risk of Infantile Hypertrophic pyloric stenosis.
- Intestinal obstruction
PREVENTION OF CHLAMYDIA TRACHOMATIS
- Use barrier Method– It decreases the risk of infection
- Communicate with a sexual partner– Discuss sexually transmitted infections openly and use a barrier method
- Avoid sharing sex toys
- Avoid having oral sex
- Use protection during oral sex
The ancient Indian Medical system is Ayurveda which is based upon the Natural and Holistic Approach to mental and Physical health. Ayurveda is one of the oldest medical systems which treats various health disorders. In ayurveda, Dosha’s balance is emphasized and suppressing the natural urges leads to an unhealthy state and illness. Ayurveda means Science of Life which originated in India 5000 years ago and is often called the ‘Mother of All Healing’. Vyadhi means disease and it defines the state of mind and body. Imbalances in the dhatus of the body are known as Vikara/Vyadhi. Chlamydia Trachomatis is due to Agantuja Rogas which are due to external factors such as due to injuries, Poisons and blunt Abhighata (trauma). Agantuja Vyadhi can be due to the below-mentioned factors-
- Bhuta– The micro-organisms (bacteria and viruses)
- Visha– the variety of poisons which enter the body through oral consumption and by the bite of various insects and animals.
- Polluted Vayu, Hot and humid air.
- Nakha Aghata– Scratch from nails of humans
- Abhishanga– It is a contagious disease (infection)
- Local Treatment–
- Applying the paste of Haridra, Neem and Tulsi is effective.
- Wash the genital areas by applying the Triphala Kashyam.
- Nasya- Respiratory infections
- Vamana- Emesis
- Virechana- Purgation
HERBS USEFUL IN CHLAMYDIA TRACHOMATIS
- ASHOKA- Ashoka (Saraca asoca) is a friend of women, which is helpful in menorrhagia and in the female reproductive system. It contains various Carbohydrates and tannins and is helpful in balancing Kapha and Pitta Doshas. Has Analgesic and Antidotal properties, which regularise the hormones and provide stamina and strength in females. Is a natural detoxifier and prevents the reformation of Calculi.
- KARPURA– Karpura (Cinnamomum camphora) is helpful in balancing Tridoshas and secretes gastric and pancreatic juices. Resolves the swelling of body parts and provides relief to joint pain and inflammation. Improves vision and acts as a catalyst. Controls the inflammation and thus provides a soothing effect on the body and heals the skin.
- HARIDRA- Haridra (Curcuma longa) is helpful in balancing the tridoshas of the body and useful in the scraping property. Is a natural blood purifier which removes the accumulation in the blood vessels. Reduces inflammation and stimulates the digestive fire. Heals wounds and rejuvenates the skin tone. Is useful for immune modulation by correcting metabolism. Expels the extra kapha and medha doshas from the body.
- NEEM- Neem (Azadirachta Indica) is a natural blood purifier and is helpful in balancing Pitta and Kapha doshas. Has Antibacterial and Anti-viral properties. Reduces the swelling and treats arthritis and joint pain. Improves the digestion process and cleanses the wounds quickly. Useful in various types of skin diseases and problems related to the urinary tract.
HERBAL SUPPLEMENTS BY PLANET AYURVEDA FOR CHLAMYDIA TRACHOMATIS
Planet Ayurveda is a GMP- Certified Ayurvedic Clinic which formulates many herbal remedies for the prevention of various health issues and relieves the disease of the person of the disease. All the formulations which are formulated by Planet Ayurveda are free from any kind of Additives, Colors and resins. These remedies are 100% pure and are formulated under the Strict Guidance of M.D Ayurvedic practitioners which causes no side effects. For the Purpose of Chlamydia Trachomatis planet ayurveda provides many herbal remedies which are useful in this and will be discussed further in detail.
- FEMALE HEALTH SUPPORT
- KAISHORE GUGGUL
- CHANDRAPRABHA VATI
- NEEM CAPSULES
1. Female Health Support
Female Health Support is a polyherbal capsule which is made by planet Ayurveda using Ashoka (Saraca indica), Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus) and Lodhra (Symplocos racemosa). It is helpful in maintaining the overall health of females and supports healthy reproductive organs. Regulates hormonal imbalances and improves lactation.
Dosage- 1 capsule twice daily after meals with plain water
2. Kaishore Guggul
Kaishore Guggul is a herbal tablet which is made by planet ayurveda using Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), Guggul (Commiphora mukul), Vidanga (Embelia ribes) and Indian Jalp (Ipomoea turpethum) and many more. It is helpful in healing wounds and ulcers. Has Anti-inflammatory properties, balances the production of uric acid and controls gout. Is a natural blood purifier which maintains healthy skin and pancreas.
Dosage- 2 tablets twice daily after meals with plain water
3. Chandraprabha Vati
Chandraprabha Vati is a herbal tablet supplement which is formulated by planet ayurveda using Shilajit (Asphaltum), Haridra (Curcuma longa), Chavya (Piper chaba), Shunthi (Zingiber officinalis) and many more. It is helpful in managing urinary tract infections and provides strength and boosts immunity. Has diuretic properties which eliminate the micro-organisms from the body.
Dosage- 2 tablets twice daily with plain water after meals
4. Neem Capsules
Neem Capsule is a single herbal capsule using a Standardised extract of Neem (Azadirachta indica). It is effective in regulating the level of sugar and improves the metabolism. Maintains healthy skin and hair. Purifies the blood and is useful for all types of skin ailments. Eliminates the toxins from the body and is effective in Candida, fungi and various microorganisms.
Dosage- 1 capsule twice daily after meals with plain water
Chlamydia Trachomatis is a common sexually transmitted disease which is mainly caused by bacteria. Infection is the invasion of the tissues which is caused by pathogens which reacts to the tissues and produces various toxins. Infectious disease is known as Transmissible disease or communicable disease which is caused by various bacteria and viruses. Chlamydia trachomatis can infect the eyes, throat and rectum. When Chlamydia is passed to an early infant it causes Pneumonia and pink eyes (conjunctivitis). Chlamydia Trachomatis is due to Agantuja Rogas which are due to external factors such as due to injuries, Poisons and blunt Abhighata (trauma). Further, we discussed herbal supplements from Planet Ayurveda which are helpful in this disease without causing any side effects.
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- AYURVEDIC HERBS FOR NURTURING LIVER - February 9, 2024
- WHAT ARE FENNEL SEEDS? HEALTH BENEFITS - February 9, 2024
- BLACK PEPPER IN AYURVEDA, HISTORY, FORMATION AND EFFECT ON HEALTH - February 7, 2024
- CORIANDER SEEDS, HISTORY, PROPERTIES & HEALTH BENEFITS - February 2, 2024
- CUMIN DEFINITION, VARIETIES, TRADITIONAL USES & ITS EFFECTS ON HEALTH - February 1, 2024