Natural Cure for Rhino-Orbital Mucormycosis Infection
This article is about the ayurvedic management and prevention of Rhino-orbital mucormycosis, also known as rhino orbital zygomycosis, is a disease of the nasal-ocular cavity. It is a form of fungal infection affecting cavities of the head. It is caused by the ‘mucorale’ type of fungus, hence the name mucormycosis. It usually affects a person whose immune system is not as strong compared to other healthy individuals. Most commonly reported symptoms are double vision, partial or total loss of vision in one or both eyes, and weakness of the eye muscles. It can lead to permanent blindness and even death. Herbal remedies are provided for its management.
Rhino Orbital Mucormycosis is a kind of mucormycosis. Mucormycosis is the name of a fast growing infection caused by a fungus of the family Mucoraceae (order Mucorales). It majorly affects the people whose immunity is compromised i.e. is not able to perform as well as it used to before the person was exposed to certain environmental factors or medication. Depending on the region of the body that it affects,
mucormycosis infection is categorized as of the following types
- Rhino – cerebral mucormycosis: it involves the nose, the sinuses and the brain. The following are also ultimately recognized as rhino cerebral mucormycosis:
- Rhino – nasal mucormycosis: it involves only the nasal cavity and the paranasal sinuses (rhino meaning nose, nasal standing for the sinuses).
- Rhino – orbital mucormycosis: it affects the nose, the paranasal sinuses and the whole eyes (rhino meaning the nose, orbital standing for the hollow cavity of the eye).
- Rhino – orbito – cerebral mucormycosis: it affects the nose, the sinuses, the eyes and the brain (rhino meaning nose, orbito meaning hollow of the eye, and cerebral standing for the brain).
- Pulmonary mucormycosis: when the airways and the lungs are also affected, it is called pulmonary mucormycosis (pulmonary meaning lung related).
- Cutaneous mucormycosis: when the fungal spores (cells) enter the body through ruptures in the skin, it is called Cutaneous mucormycosis (Cutaneous meaning skin related).
- Gastrointestinal mucormycosis: when the spores manifest in the stomach and then travel to the intestines, it is called gastrointestinal mucormycosis (gastrointestinal stands for stomach and the intestines).
- Disseminated mucormycosis: when the fungal; infection spreads in all the blood and through it to the rest of the body, it is called disseminated mucormycosis (disseminated meaning ‘spreading throughout’).
Symptoms of Rhino Orbital Mucormycosis
- Pain in the eyes
- Redness in the eyes
- Swelling in cheeks
- Loss of sensation in the face
- Paralysis of the facial muscle
- Formation of layer of dead cells
- Damage of the hard palate
- Lumps in the nasal passage
- Fluid retention in the eyelids
- Protrusion of eye muscles
- Reduced movement of eye muscles
- Reduced vision in one or both eyes
- Loss of vision in one or both eyes
- Eye lenses become opaque
- Cornea becomes extra curved
- Unable to focus
- Inflammation of the sinuses
- Ulcers inside the mouth
- Black Ulcers inside the mouth and the nose
- Totally closed eyes due to extreme swelling and edema in eyelids
Various factors contribute to the development of any condition in an individual. In case of mucormycosis, the inhalation of fungus cells is the only cause. Mucormycosis becomes aggravated so fast that its immediate treatment is very important.
- Fungal cells (called spores) are present everywhere. If these are inhaled, they spread fast into the nasal sinuses and from there affect the brain.
Some factors decide the severity and susceptibility of a condition affecting a particular individual. Those factors are
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Diabetic ketoacidosis
- Immunosuppressant therapies
- Tumor suppressing treatments
- Protein deficiency
- White blood cell deficiency
- Organ transplantation
- Bone marrow transplantation
- HIV AIDS infection
- Anemia i.e. lack of iron
- Hemochromatosis i.e. excess of iron
- Chronic kidney disease
- Complete loss of vision
- Exenteration i.e. Removal of eyes may be required
- Removal of various glands may be required
- Nervous failure
- Total paralysis
Herbal Remedies by Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda manufactures pure herbal formulations that are used as medications and tonics worldwide. These formulations are carefully sourced from authentic texts on Ayurveda written in ancient India thousands of years ago. The formulations are chemical free and additive free and thus safe for consumption by people of all ages and individual conditions. The products are suitable for people with all dietary preferences and restrictions since these are completely plant-based, halal and completely organic. A combination has been created by experts at Planet Ayurveda for ayurvedic management of rhino-ocular mucormycosis infection.
- Gandhak Rasayan
- Kaishore Guggul
- Manjishtha Capsules
- Neem Capsules
- Pitta Balance
1. Gandhak Rasayan
These tablets are made with purified Sulphur which aims at purifying the deepest levels of tissues in the body, thus preventing as well as eliminating the microbial growth in the nose and the eyes.
Dosage: 1-2 tabs thrice daily with lukewarm water after meals.
2. Kaishore Guggul
A formulation of Guggul (Commiphora mukul) with other herbs including Amla (Emblica officinalis), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellirica), Red physic nut, etc. which aims to prevent spread of microbes through the blood, Kaishore guggul is recommended in mucormycosis because it is an effective antimicrobial too.
Dosage: 2 tabs twice daily with warm water after meals.
3. Manjishtha Capsules
Made with the pure extract of Manjishtha (Rubia cordifolia) these capsules will help to purify the skin and blood and hence prevent fungal growth in the cavities of the body.
Dosage: -2 caps twice daily with plain water after meals.
4. Neem Capsules
Made with the pure standardized extract of Neem (Azadirachta indica) in the form of capsules, it is known widely for its beneficial properties on the whole body internally as well as externally. It is also an antimicrobial in nature.
Dosage: 2 caps twice daily with plain water after meals.
5. Pitta Balance
A herbo -mineral formulation consisting of Kamdudha Ras (calcium compound), Mukta Pishti (Pearl calcium), Giloy Sattva (Tinospora cordifolia), etc., Pitta Balance capsules are immune boosting and also help promote growth of white blood cells required to fight fungal infections.
Dosage: 1 cap twice daily with plain water after meals.
Contact my assistant to provide you the costing / ordering and delivery information at – email@example.com or call at +91-172-5214030 Or Check Website – www.PlanetAyurveda.com
Mucormycosis of the rhino-ocular cavity is affecting many people presently. It may be associated with Covid – 19 and other contemporary microbial infections because the cases have surged especially in the people who are receiving modern treatment of Covid – 19. The medications used in modern treatment are quite strong and can have many side effects. It is recommended that herbal remedies be sought whenever possible. The herbal remedies described here are generally safe for everyone. These are formulated keeping in mind the requirement of their suitability for all individuals. However, pregnant women and people with multiple conditions should consult an ayurvedic physician before beginning any medication.
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- Ayurvedic Treatment For Kidney Diseases In Dogs With Herbal Remedies - February 1, 2023
- Ayurvedic Aspects Of Granulomatous Meningoencephalitis (GME) - February 1, 2023
- Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever (RMSF) Its Treatment with Ayurveda - January 31, 2023
- Mixed Expressive-Receptive Disorders Treatment By Ayurveda - January 30, 2023
- Intestinal Tuberculosis and Its Treatment With Herbal Remedies - January 30, 2023