Alternative Treatment For Kidney Disease in Dogs
Regardless of the fact that dogs are a separate species, their bodies are functionally quite humanlike. Dogs’ kidneys eliminate toxins and maintain nutritional balance in their bodies. Kidneys also play a role in blood pressure management, red blood cell production, and calcium metabolization. When your pet’s kidney function is impaired, it might set off a chain reaction of health problems. Learn how to spot the signs and symptoms of kidney disease in dogs, as well as how to prevent and treat it.
Renal failure develops when the kidneys’ ability to remove toxins is compromised. It is sometimes referred to as a renal disease. Chronic renal illness nearly often results in irreparable kidney damage. If treated promptly, dogs with acute kidney failure frequently have a favorable prognosis than dogs with kidney problems.
According to Ayurveda, therapy is available for all stages of renal disease. Customization lies at the heart of Ayurveda’s efficacy in treating renal disorders, as well as any other condition. Natural and herbal remedies may be used to treat chronic ailments in either you or your four-legged pet. The most effective natural kidney failure therapies are those that address the condition’s secondary symptoms.
Kidney Failure in Dogs is Caused by a variety of factors
Acute and chronic kidney issues in dogs exist. Acute kidney failure develops over a period of days, but chronic kidney failure develops gradually over years.
Acute Kidney Failure: What Makes It Happen
- Ingestion of poison by your dog is the most common cause of acute renal issues. It might be a poisonous substance such as antifreeze or home cleansers, or it could be spoiled food.
- A urinary blockage in the body of your cat might potentially cause problems. When blood flow to your dog’s kidneys drops, it deprives them of oxygen and makes them more susceptible to infection.
- Kidney problems may be caused by a number of things, including:
- Dehydration is a serious problem that has to be addressed.
- Stroke of heat
- Bites from a Snake
- Leptospirosis is an illness caused by the bacterium Leptospirosis (a bacterial infection)
- Chronic renal disease is most frequent in older dogs, and the specific reason might be difficult to determine due to its gradual start. The modest nature of the early signs of chronic renal disease makes them easy to ignore or dismiss.
- Chronic renal failure in elderly dogs is often caused by dental disease. Bacteria accumulate on your dog’s teeth and enter the digestive tract when he or she eats or drinks.
What Symptoms Do Dogs Show When They Have Kidney Disease
Chronic kidney failure is a condition that worsens with time, although the rate of deterioration varies widely from person to person. Some dogs might live for months or even years after being diagnosed, while others must be killed almost once.
The following are a few warning signals to look out for:
- Increasing or decreasing the amount of water consumed
- Changes in urine volume and frequency
- Loss of enthusiasm for playing or connecting with others
- Appetite decreases
- Diarrhea or puking
- Weight loss that isn’t explained
- Urine with blood
- Pale gums, bad breath, and mouth ulcers are all signs of dental illness.
What Happens If Kidney Disease Isn’t Diagnosed and Treated
If left untreated, kidney disorders in dogs may lead to death. Don’t attempt to self-diagnose or treat renal failure in your dog at home. Kidney issues often result in life-threatening situations that need rapid medical attention and treatment. End-stage renal failure, which may be deadly if left untreated, can develop.
Herbal Remedies for Kidney Diseases in Dogs by Planet Ayurveda
Medications and other potentially harmful substances should be avoided at all costs. Aside from keeping your dog away from potentially harmful home cleaners and chemicals, it’s also a good idea to keep your dog away from drugs, food, and other potentially harmful items. Raisins, grapes, and tainted water supplies are also possible suspects. Ayurvedic medicines may also help your pet tackle renal problems more effectively. Planet Ayurveda provides just that.
- Mutrakrichantak Churna
- Rencure Formula
- Punarnava Mandur
- Varunadi Vati
- Chandanadi Vati
1. Mutrakrichantak Churna
It is a blend of high-quality herbs that is used to cure renal failure. It immediately reduces the levels of urea and creatinine. It contains Bhumi Amla (Phyllanthus niruri), Punarnava (Boerhaavia diffusa), Shirish (Albizia lebbeck), and Gokshur Kaasni (Cichorium Intybus), etc.
Dosage: 1 Teaspoonful twice a day is the recommended dosage.
2. Rencure Formula
The herbs in this formula may help with urinary tract blockages, renal failure for whatever cause, and fluid buildup in the body. The key ingredients in this formulation are Palaash (Butea monosperma), Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa), Gokshur (Tribulus terrestris), Kaasni (Cichorium intybus), and Varun (Crataeva nurvala).
Dosage: 2 capsules twice a day is the recommended dose.
3. Punarnava Mandur
It reduces urea and creatinine levels, as well as cholesterol and other pollutants. These are natural diuretic pills that assist to alleviate kidney failure, liver failure, ascites, and fatty liver on a long-term basis. Punarnava (Boerhaavia diffusa), Shunti (Zingiber officinale), Maricha (Piper nigrum), Haridra (Curcuma longa), and other herbs are used in its preparation.
Dosage: 2 pills three times a day is the recommended dosage.
4. Varunadi Vati
Varnadi Vati from Planet Ayurveda is a powerful natural antibiotic that fights illnesses, cure kidney-related issues and also cure the pain of your furry baby. Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa), Varun (Crataeva nurvala), Gokshur (Tribulus terrestris), and Shuddha Guggulu (Commiphora mukul) are among the plants used.
Dosage: 2 pills three times a day is the recommended dosage.
5. Chandanadi Vati
The essential constituents of Planet Ayurveda’s Chandanadi Vati, which are used for kidney-related problems are Safed Chandan (Santalum album), Amla (Phyllanthus emblica), Kababchini (Piper cubeba), Kattha Senegalia catechu), Rasaut, Gandhabiroja (Rubia cordifolia) and various others. It’s for this reason that it’s effective in the treatment of urinary tract infections among dogs as well.
Dosage: 2 pills twice a day is the recommended dose.
It’s crucial to talk to your veterinarian about your pet’s individual requirements and any natural remedies you’re contemplating. Maintaining a healthy weight, getting blood tests as required, and giving your pet fresh, clean water are all important ways to slow the progression of chronic kidney disease and allow for early treatment. As a result, Planet Ayurveda is here to assist you in treating your dog’s kidney problem organically. If you want more help, please contact Planet Ayurveda at email@example.com or visit our Mohali clinic. For more details of our products check out our website www.planetayurveda.com
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- AYURVEDIC HERBS FOR NURTURING LIVER - February 9, 2024
- WHAT ARE FENNEL SEEDS? HEALTH BENEFITS - February 9, 2024
- BLACK PEPPER IN AYURVEDA, HISTORY, FORMATION AND EFFECT ON HEALTH - February 7, 2024
- CORIANDER SEEDS, HISTORY, PROPERTIES & HEALTH BENEFITS - February 2, 2024
- CUMIN DEFINITION, VARIETIES, TRADITIONAL USES & ITS EFFECTS ON HEALTH - February 1, 2024