Herbal Remedies For Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis
JIA, or juvenile idiopathic arthritis, is a type of arthritis that appears at a relatively early age, generally before the age of 16. It is an autoimmune condition. As the exact etiology is not yet found, it is classified under idiopathic diseases. Approximately one in 1000 children is being affected by this disease, which makes it the commonest among arthritic conditions seen in children. JIA refers to not just one but various illness groups, each with its different presentation, clinical signs and symptoms, and, in some cases, hereditary foundation. The etiology of the disease is still unknown; however, it appears to be linked to both hereditary and environmental variables. Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis is not always a chronic disease. Some children grow out of JIA as they grow, but for some, it may last for years and may cause complications.
What are the Symptoms of this Disease
As mentioned before, JIA is of several types, so the symptoms depend upon the type of JIA you are diagnosed with. The most occurring types are oligoarticular (affecting a few joints), polyarticular (affecting several joints), systemic (affecting all the joints of the body). Symptoms mostly seen in all types of JIA are
- Joint Pain
- Swollen lymph nodes
There are phases of flare-ups, they can last up to weeks or months. It is different for every child. Once the flair-up phase is over, symptoms may be mild.
What are the Confirmatory Tests
- ANA test-Antinuclear antibody test
- RF Test-Rheumatoid factor test
- Radiological tests like an x-ray for evaluation of bone damage
- CCP-Cyclic citrullinated peptide
- Erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR) and C-reactive protein to check for inflammation.
Possible Future Complications Due to JIA
- Flare-up can initiate an inflammatory response, especially in the eyes. This condition can lead up to cataracts, glaucoma, or even blindness if left untreated.
- Unattended flare-ups can lead to severe damages in the joints that can affect the child’s bone development and cause growth problems.
What Treatments are available in Modern Medicine
- NSAIDs-Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
- DMARDs-Disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs
- Biologic response modifiers- help reduce systemic inflammation and prevent joint damage.
- And in severe cases, surgery is also considered as a treatment option.
What are the other treatment options outside modern medicine
Ayurveda is the most trusted medical system in treating arthritis. Vatavayadi and Amavata treatment protocols are used for treatment. Vatavyadhis are diseases caused by Vata dosha alone and Amavata is a disease caused by both Ama(endotoxins) and Vata. Most of the time, when autoimmunity is involved, Ama is considered to be present. So Amavata treatment is chiefly administered, but still, if the patient shows symptoms resembling sandhi gata vata (a type of vatavyadhi), treatments may be altered according to the symptoms. Ayurvedic methods are beneficial in reducing inflammation, alleviating arthritis symptoms, and minimizing flare-ups.
Ayurveda To Help
Ayurveda treats the person externally as well as internally for a disease. Panchakarma is a wing of Ayurveda, handling all the external and internal therapies which work wonders. Medicines and therapies need to go hand in hand for reaping maximum benefits from the treatment.
Internal therapy your doctor may suggest
- Vasti -It is a procedure resembling an enema, the fluid is passed into the lower parts of the colon and waited till the patient gets the urge to defecate. It is believed to be the most effective treatment against a vitiated Vata dosha. The ingredients to make the fluid differ according to the disease and its symptoms.
External therapies your doctor may suggest
- Abhyanga (Oil massage)- Vata is considered to have properties such as roughness and dryness, so oil massage helps to alleviate Vata. Also, if the lubrication in the joints is decreased, oil massage is a go-to therapy for improving the condition. But in the case of Amavata, oil massage is completely avoided as it can cause a flare-up.
- Udhvartana (Powder massage)- Udvartana is a dry powder massage, suitable for Amavata. Ama has qualities like sliminess and heaviness, dry massage counteracts the characteristics of ama and alleviates it.
Herbal Remedies for Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis from Planet Ayurveda
At Planet Ayurveda, we make sure our products are 100% safe and chemical-free for our customer’s well-being. All the raw materials for the production of this medicine are checked for their purity and efficiency before it reaches our customer. Planet has a whole range of carefully crafted formulations to help your child out from Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis. Let’s dive deeper:
- Arvindasav Syrup
- Energo Plan Syrup
- Aamvatantak Churna
- Coral Calcium Complex
1. Arvindasav Syrup
Arvindasava is a polyherbal medicine in syrup form that contains Ushira (Vetiveria zizanioides), Arjuna (Terminalia arjuna), Jaggery, etc.. along with myriads of herbs that work wonders in JIA. Arvindasava is a beneficial tonic for children, especially those suffering from rickets, digestive disorders that cause ama accumulation, etc. It helps to increase body weight and promote growth and strength.
Dosage: Recommended dosage is 2 tsp twice daily.
2. Energo Plan Syrup
An incredible mix of drugs like Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), Shatavari(Asparagus racemosus), Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera), etc. in syrup form instilled with active components like withanolides, gallic acid, tannins, etc promotes strength and replenishes the body. This wondrous combination of magical herbs also facilitates optimum metabolism. This is a perfect companion to combat the symptoms of Arthritis.
Dosage: Recommended dosage is 2 tsp twice daily.
3. Aamvatantak Churna
A polyherbal medicine in powder form with drugs like Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera), Methi (Fenugreek), Haridra (Turmeric), etc. specially formulated for Amavata. This carefully created combination of drugs with steroids, curcumin, and a lot of antioxidants will help you alleviate the symptoms of arthritis and help you through flare-ups.
Dosage: Recommended dosage is ½ tsp twice daily.
Shallaki (Boswellia serrata) and Haridra (Curcuma longa, turmeric), two remarkable drugs with several health advantages, are combined together in a capsule form. The fusion of phytoconstituents of both drugs like curcumin, Acetyl-11-keto-β-boswellic acid, etc gives the product immense anti-inflammatory properties. The benefits of turmeric are numerous, and shallaki is a body replenishing tonic used to boost general health and prevent degenerative changes. A combination of both helps in alleviating inflammation and pain in the joints.
Dosage: Recommended to intake 1 capsule twice daily.
5. Coral Calcium Complex
A herbal-mineral drug, containing coral powder, which provides the needed amount of calcium which helps in strengthening and restoring bone. This is a perfect medicine to avoid damage to the bones during flare-ups.
Dosage: Recommended to take 1 capsule twice daily.
Our medicines are carefully formulated by experienced and qualified doctors to give you maximum benefits and value for money. Choose us, the most trusted brand in Ayurveda pharmaceuticals for your faster recovery!!! In case of any query kindly visit www.PlanetAyurveda.com. For more queries, you can send your queries to our email id firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dr. Vikram Chauhan
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- Ayurvedic Solutions for Sciatica Treatment and Prevention - May 29, 2023
- How To Eat According To Ayurveda - May 24, 2023
- Treatment and Prevention of Hepatitis in Dogs Through Ayurveda - May 24, 2023
- How to Manage Costochondritis(Chest Pain) in Ayurveda? – Natural Treatment - May 19, 2023
- Treatment of Partial Empty Sella Syndrome With Herbal Remedies - May 17, 2023