Ayurvedic Treatment For Femoral Hernia With Herbal Remedies
There are a lot of diseases a human can come across these days and even this world is filled with a lot of treatments for various types of diseases. Obviously your diet and lifestyle plays a very main role in developing and curing all kinds of diseases. In this article our main focus will be hernia and especially on the femoral type of hernia. The article includes all details regarding the femoral hernia, its Ayurvedic aspect and also about its management. In Ayurveda the hernia, overall, is considered as antar vridhi and it is generally due to the pressure from inside to outside. So let’s catch all the details regarding femoral hernia.
The basic definition of hernia states that a protrusion of an organ or part like intestines through connective tissue or through a wall in the cavity in which the structures are normally enclosed. Hernia has three types and one of them is femoral hernia. Femoral hernia is a rare type of the hernia and appears as a painful lump in the inner upperpart of the thigh or groin. The lump usually disappears when you lie down and due to coughing or straining the lump may appear. The femoral hernia do not go back on their own and are often confused with inguinal hernia. Moving further let’s understand its causes, symptoms and other details.
Facts Regarding Femoral Hernia
- Female to male ratio 10:1
- Rare in men
- Prevalence increases with age
- Mostly occurs on the right side
- Occurrence at the site aponeurosis and fascia are not covered by striated muscle.
Causes of the Femoral Hernia
Modern science explains that there is no definite cause for the occurrence of femoral hernia. Sometimes you may be just born with a weakened area of femoral canal or it can become weak over time due to over straining. This includes:
- Long standing constipation
- Lifting heavy weight
- Being overweight
- Difficulty in passing urine due to enlargement of prostate
- Prolonged coughing
Signs and Symptoms of Femoral Hernia
- The femoral hernia might not have any sign and symptoms initially as small and moderate sized hernias usually do not cause any type of symptoms. In many cases the small bulge of femoral hernia is not even visible in the groin area. But if the hernia increases in size then it may cause noticeable discomfort in the groin area near your upper thigh.
- The bulging may become worse and cause pain when you stand up or lift heavy objects or even strain in any way.
- The femoral hernias are close to the hip joint and due to pressure can cause pain in the hip joint.
- But the symptoms can worse with time like femoral hernia can obstruct your intestines. This is termed as strangulation and needs medical attention. This situation is associated with severe stomach pain, sudden pain in the groin along with nausea and vomiting.
Diagnosing Femoral Hernia
- A general physical examination is performed by gently palpating or touching the area.
- Ultrasonography of the abdomen and groin region is done for the confirmed diagnosis as if there is no bulge evident then imaging technique can confirm the diagnosis.
Treatment of Femoral Hernia
- Femoral hernia is not a condition which can be managed by conservative treatment according to modern science. So simply surgical treatment for femoral hernia or any other hernia is recommended.
- If they are small in size and not causing any trouble then they are left as it is. Some daily routines are guided to be changed like not carrying heavy weight etc.
- Surgery for femoral hernia repair can be done as open or as a laparoscopic surgery can also be performed.
Ayurvedic Aspect of Femoral Hernia
In Ayurveda, hernia of any type is called antra vriddhi and antra vriddhi is the result of tridosha imbalance that is vata dosha, pitta dosha and kapha dosha. Acharya charak suggests that antra vriddhi roga are mainly the result of vata dosha aggravation. Though kapha dosha and Pitta dosha also play their role in this condition. It is also mentioned by Aacharya Charaka that virechanadi karma in this condition can be of great help if there is presence of amavastha. They help in anulomana of vata dosha and hence help in pulling the protruded intestine to its actual position.
Herbal Formulations By Planet Ayurveda for Femoral Hernia
Planet Ayurveda is a leading Ayurvedic manufacturing unit which deals with the manufacturing of herbal formulations. These formulations are prepared using potent herbs which are really effective in managing many conditions related to the various systems of the body. The formulations prepared by Planet Ayurveda do not contain any kind of adulterants, dyes, additives, fillers etc. These medications are really potent as a conservative treatment and thus getting rid of femoral hernia as well thus giving very fruitful, positive and noticeable results. The medication or formulations offered by Planet Ayurveda for the management of Femoral hernia:
- BOSWELLIA CURCUMIN
- GOTU KOLA CAPSULES
- KANCHNAAR GUGGUL
- VRIDDHIVADHIKA VATI
1. BOSWELLIA CURCUMIN
Boswellia Curcumin is a formulation filled with anti-inflammatory properties. The formulation has two very effective herbs which are Shallaki (Boswellia serrata) and Curcumin (Curcuma longa). The two herbs are really good as an agent for reducing inflammatory conditions which are generally present when the strangulation starts due to femoral hernia. Both of the herbs are helpful in inflammation of the muscles, bones, mucosa and tendons. These work by improving circulation and also contain analgesic properties that help in treating pain in the affected area. Boswellia curcumin is a marvellous formulation and is of great use in case of femoral hernia.
Dosage: One capsule twice a day with lukewarm water after meals.
2. GOTU KOLA CAPSULES
Gotu kola capsules are prepared from the standardised extract of gotu kola (Centella asiatica). The capsules promote anulomana of vata in the body thus reducing the pricking pain in this condition. Gotu kola works in this condition by reducing the stress or friction present between the structures. In addition the capsules also help in enhancing the circulation and reducing swelling which might be present at the site of hernia.With all these benefits Gotu kola capsules reduces stress and improves circulation as well. If there is strangulation resulting in the blood supply insufficiency then it can be overcomed by using these capsules.
Dosage: One capsule twice a day with lukewarm water after meals
3. KANCHNAAR GUGGUL
Kanchnaar guggul is a classical formulation that is best and effective against any abnormal growth or mass tag in the body. The classical preparation has Kachnaar bark (Bauhinia variegata), Amalaki (Embilica officinalis), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellerica), Ginger (Zingiber officinale), Maricha (Piper nigrum), Pippali (Piper longum), Varuna (Crataeva religiosa) as its ingredients. The ingredients are famous in all types of Ayurvedic texts to provide effective and impressive results. These help in pacifying kapha dosha which is the cause of excessive growth in the body. In femoral hernia also there is swelling or inflammation at the hernial site which is reduced by using kanchnaar guggul. It’s a fantastic formulation for such purposes.
Dosage: 2 tablets twice a day with lukewarm water after meals
4. VRIDDHIVADHIKA VATI
Vriddhivadhika vati is a very famous classical formulation used in various types of hernia. The ingredients of this formulation are shuddh parad (Purified mercury), Shuddh gandhak (Purified sulphur), Loha bhasma (Calx of iron), Vanga bhasma (calx of tin), shati churna (Curcuma zedoaria) and many others. The vriddhivadhika vati is basically a herbo mineral preparation that means it has minerals and herbs as well. The hernia is due to excess vata dosha in the body and this formulation helps in subsiding the aggravated vata dosha and provide fruitful results. The preparation also has diuretic properties and behaves as an analgesic and bears anti-inflammatory effects too.
Dosage: 1 tablet twice a day with lukewarm water after meals
Contact Planet Ayurveda Support Team to provide you the costing/ordering and delivery information at – email@example.com or Call at 0172-521-4040 (India), +91-172-521-4040 (Outside India) or Whatsapp at (+91) 842-749-4030.
The hernias are becoming very common in today’s population due to lack of attention. Most common cause of hernia is a mismanaged lifestyle and diet. This in turn causes tridosha vitiation, constipation which results in or gives birth to the hernia of any type. Femoral hernia, in fact, is the most rare type of hernia and is more common in women than in men. The products mentioned above are totally herbal and do not contain any type of chemicals or binding agents. They are really helpful in overcoming the situation and give great results as a part of conservative treatment in this case. In case of any query visit WWW.PlanetAyurveda.com
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- What is Urticarial Vasculitis? – Causes, Symptoms and Ayurvedic Treatment - March 23, 2023
- Lower Back Pain & its Natural Management Ayurveda - March 16, 2023
- Herbal Remedies for Meralgia Paresthetica (Bernhardt-Roth Syndrome) - March 15, 2023
- Scotty Cramp Disease in Scottish Terriers - March 13, 2023
- Treatment of Granulomatous Meningoencephalitis (GME) in Dogs - February 18, 2023