Russell Silver Syndrome & Its Treatment In Ayurveda
Russell-silver syndrome or RSS is also known as Silver-Russell syndrome that is a congenital disorder. This condition is represented by the facial or limb asymmetry and stunted growth both before and after birth. Signs and symptoms of the RSS may vary a lot from person to person like in some people it might be very severe while in others it can be mild enough to go even unnoticed. This write up contains all the detailed information about Russell silver syndrome and its herbal management through Planet Ayurveda’s herbal remedies.
INTRODUCTION RUSSELL SILVER SYNDROME
Russell silver syndrome or RSS is a rare condition in which there occurs restricted intrauterine growth, stunted growth after birth as well, triangular appearance of face, larger than the normal head size, severe difficulties in feeding, prominent looking forehead and asymmetrical body. However these symptoms and their severity may vary from person to person. Usually the people affected with RSS have normal intelligence but there is found delay in speech and motor functions. RSS is caused due to various genetic abnormalities and is genetically heterogeneous. Children with RSS require management as early as possible and usually there is required involvement of more than professional.
AYURVEDIC ASPECT OF RUSSELL SILVER SYNDROME
Ayurvedic concepts correlate the RSS with Beej dushti which means it occurs due to abnormality in the egg or zygote. Such diseases occur as per the Prakriti of the person as well, here prakriti is constitution.
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF RUSSELL SILVER SYNDROME
Signs and symptoms of RSS are mostly present at birth and some of them develop in early childhood. There are many of them, however patients have normal intelligence but delayed milestones. Some of the major signs and symptoms are:
- Retarded intrauterine growth
- Small stature at birth
- Length and height growth remain below average after birth
- Head circumference is normal
- Asymmetry in facial, limb or body
- Face is triangular in shape
- Forehead is prominent
- Low blood sugar, i.e. Hypoglycemia
- Difficulties in feeding
- Normal upper to lower arm segment ratio but short arm span
- Changes in skin pigmentation
- Delay in speech, motor and cognition
CAUSES OF RUSSELL SILVER SYNDROME
Usually the people having RSS do not have any kind of family history of the disorder. There are defects in certain chromosomes that result in all the signs and symptoms. However the exact defect is not known.
DIAGNOSIS OF THE RUSSELL SILVER SYNDROME
Making a diagnosis of RSS can be difficult and it may require your doctor to consult several other specialists in order to confirm a diagnosis. Diagnosis can be easy in infancy and early childhood as compared to when the child grows older as the signs and symptoms are prominent in the former case. Certain doctors required to confirm diagnosis are nutritionist, geneticist, endocrinologist, and gastroenterologist. RSS should be differentiated from Fanconi anemia syndrome, Nijumegen breakage syndrome and Bloom syndrome.
TREATMENT FOR RUSSELL SILVER SYNDROME
As the RSS is a disorder which is present by birth in a child and a few starting years of childhood are very crucial in a child’s life as that is the time for growth. Hence, the main aim is to treat the symptoms and keep the growth as normal as possible. Conventional treatment involves growth hormone injections, proper nutritious diet, luteinizing hormone-releasing treatment, corrective surgery and different therapies.
AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR RUSSELL SILVER SYNDROME
Main aim of the Ayurvedic treatment is to restore the balance of the doshas and correct beej dushti to a certain level. There are many herbal remedies which help in treating the signs and symptoms of the RSS naturally and promote healthy growth of a child.
HERBAL REMEDIES BY PLANET AYURVEDA FOR RUSSELL SILVER SYNDROME
Planet Ayurveda is very well known in India as well as in different parts of the world owing to its amazing medicinal products and herbal remedies which are used by the experienced Ayurvedic doctors to treat numerous acute and chronic diseases. For Russell silver syndrome Planet Ayurveda offers a combination of Ayurvedic remedies.
- Energo Plan Syrup
- 90 Sachets of-
- Kumar kalyan ras – 2 gms
- Gaudanti bhasma – 10 gms
- Akik pishti – 5gms
- Jahar mohra pishti – 5gms
- Giloy satva – 10 gms
- Muktashukti – 5gms
1. Arvindasava Syrup
It is prepared using herbs like Arjuna (Terminalia arjuna), Manjistha (Rubia cordifolia), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellerica), Vacha (Acorus calamus) etc. Arvindasava syrup helps in treating digestive system disorders, improves weight of the child and also gives them strength.
Dosage: Give 1 teaspoon twice daily after meals or feed.
2. Energo Plan Syrup
As the name suggests, this herbal syrup helps in improving overall strength and helps in fighting against the developmental diseases like RSS. Herbs like Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus), Jeevanti (Leptadenia reticulata), Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), Shigru (Moringa oleifera) etc. are used in the preparation of Energoplan syrup.
Dosage: Give 2 teaspoons twice daily after meals or feed.
3. 90 Sachets of
- Kumar kalyan ras – It is a herbo-mineral Ayurvedic formulation prepared using Kumari rasa (Aloe vera juice extract), Shuddha parade (Purified mercury), Mukta bhasma (Calx of pearl), Abhraka bhasma (Purified and processed mica), Swarna bhasma (Calx of gold) etc. Kumar kalyan ras helps in treating digestive troubles, growth disorders and emaciation.
- Gaudanti bhasma – It is the potent combination of plant and natural extracts that are full of minerals like calcium. Godanti bhasma helps in boosting immunity and accelerates the growth of the child. It is prepared from gypsum (Godanti).
- Akik pishti – It is also a pure Ayurvedic classical preparation of Akik churna (Silicon dioxide), Aloe vera juice (Aloe barbadensis), Banana stem juice (Pandanus odoratissimus) etc. Akik pishti balances the Vata and Pitta dosha and helps in maintaining healthy digestion and other body part functioning.
- Jahar mohra pishti – This pishti is prepared using Jahar mohra (An Ayurvedic mineral based formulation). Jahar mohra pishti helps in strengthening the heart and maintains a healthy blood pressure which can aid in the good growth of a child.
- Giloy satva – It is a potent Ayurvedic formulation which is prepared from Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia). Giloy satva helps in improving digestion, muscle strength, helps in treating anemia and rejuvenates the whole body.
- Mukta shukti pishti – This is classical Ayurvedic preparation which is prepared using Pearl and oyster. Mukta shukti pishti helps in balancing the Pitta dosha and eliminates the ama from the body. It also helps in treating anorexia, digestive troubles and splenomegaly.
Dosage: Give 1 sachet daily mixed with syrup daily after meals or feed.
All of these combinations together help in maintaining healthy body functions, which eventually helps in normal growth of the child and treats the signs and symptoms of the disorder.
Contact my assistant to provide you the costing / ordering and delivery information at – email@example.com or call at +91-172-5214040 Or Check Website – www.PlanetAyurveda.com
All the herbal and mineral combination remedies help in treating the signs and symptoms of Russell silver syndrome. It is very important to diagnose the disease as soon as possible and start the treatment because it can save a person from stunted growth and abnormalities in the body.
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- Panchamrit Parpati – Ingredients, Method Of Preparation and Uses - May 21, 2022
- Ayurvedic View On Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome - May 13, 2022
- Alternative Treatment For Cervical Dystonia with Herbal Remedies - May 13, 2022
- Alternative Treatment For White Dog Shaker Syndrome - May 7, 2022
- How to Treat Diarrhea in Horses with Ayurveda - May 5, 2022