Pregnancy And Its Health Care With Ayurvedic Treatment
Having a pregnancy is a God gift as the Bible says that a child is an honour from God. So A women should feel blessed for such a great gift given by God. Women will feel some issues during this period but she should not feel worried but rather than focus on how to improve her quality of life. The aim of this study is to fulfil her needs and to know the way in which ayurveda improves the quality of life during pregnancy and to achieve complication free pregnancy with natural herbs.
Pregnancy is the process that includes the reproduction of a baby and its development in the womb. The whole process may last about 40 weeks, considered from the first day of the last normal menstruation period. This period is also known as the gestational period. Due to hormonal imbalance pregnancy may be affected and a woman may have to face certain health changes and that are normal changes so she will improve her quality of life in a better way without being worried.
Stages Of Pregnancy
The whole process of pregnancy includes three trimesters. one may experience different symptoms in each trimester.
1. First Trimester – It starts from the first day of the last normal menstruation period and lasts up to 12th week one may experience the following symptoms in this period.
- Absence of menstruation
- Morning weakness
- Fatigue or tiredness
- Mood swings
- Weight gain
- Desire to eat some specific food item
2. Second Trimester – It starts from 13th week and lasts up to 28th week. It has been ruled out that in 2nd trimester women may experience less discomfort. Common symptoms of first trimester like nausea, vomiting may get subsided, changes in 2nd trimester are:
- Feeling of life-First or main symptom women come to experience is feeling of life, due to movement of a healthy growing baby.
- Abdominal enlargement-Due to continuous growth of baby abdomen expands and one may experience stretch marks over the abdomen.
- Back pain
- Swelling of ankles
- Pain in abdomen
- Itching and stretch marks over abdomen and breast
- Loss of appetite
3. Third Trimester – It starts from 29th week and lasts up to 40th week. One may experience below changes in third trimester.
- Increase in urine frequency-as baby grows abdomen enlarges and increases pressure over abdomen and hence increase in frequency
- Increase in fetal movements
- Breathing problems
- Tender breasts leaks watery pre milk
- Trouble with sleeping pattern
As per Ayurveda changes occurs due to imbalance of three dosha that are vata, pitta and kapha:
- Imbalanced vata dosha: leads to anxiety, nervousness, difficulty in sleeping, constipation, dry skin.
- Imbalanced pitta dosha: causes morning sickness, nausea, anemia, heartburn, indigestion.
- Imbalanced kapha dosha: weight gain, excessive sleep.
Home Remedies For Healthy Pregnancy
Preferably there is no need for medications for maintaining pregnancy health care as pregnancy is not a disease it is a natural process of life. Home remedies are highly supportive in dealing with pregnant women’s health. She will heal herself with different home remedies that are working on different health issues. Some of them are explained:
- Ginger – Helps to reduce nausea and vomiting. Boil ginger in hot water and drink it like tea.
- Water – Drink plenty of water to reduce toxins in the body.
- Green leafy – Vegetables and fruits-Provide nutrition to the growing baby as well as mother.
- Cucumber- Eating plenty of cucumber helps in lowering blood pressure.
- Apple cider vinegar and aloe vera – Helps in reducing heartburn. Mix apple cider vinegar about 1-2 tablespoons in a glass of water approx 250ml drink twice a day. Applying aloe vera gel over the cardiac region its soothing effect gives relief to heartburn.
- Maternity belt, hot compress, improvement in posture – Helps to reduce back pain in pregnancy.
- Dairy products like y oghurt provide calcium to the growing baby as well as the mother. All the dairy products are rich in proteins and provide better nutrition to growing babies.
- Fish liver oil – rich in vitamin-D helps in the development of the brain of a baby and it may reduce risk of pre-eclampsia as deficiency of vitamin-D may lead to preeclampsia.
Ayurvedic supplements For Pregnant Women
Ayurveda is a scientifically proven ancient healthcare system which deals with all types of health issues. This healthcare system also supports in modifying the quality of life of a pregnant woman. Ayurvedic supplements are highly beneficial for correcting changes that occur during pregnancy. To prevent certain complications of pregnancy & molar pregnancy.
Ayurvedic formulations by Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda is a clinic that manufactures products strictly according to ancient ayurveda. It provides all herbal products containing natural herbs and formed by time tested formula. All the products are free from additives, chemicals and preservatives. Our products deal very effectively with changes or health issues occurring during pregnancy. As we know, a woman’s emotions are attached to her upcoming baby in this world. Our Products made for pregnant women are manufactured while keeping her emotions in mind that it will not harm her in any way. These products are formed under the guidance of MD ayurveda doctors.
Planet Ayurveda Provides Pregnancy Care Pack. It includes following products:
- Shatavari Capsules
- Amla Saar
- Spirulina Capsules
1. Shatavari Capsules
Planet ayurveda’s shatavari capsules are purely herbal formulations. It consists of only single herb Shatavari (asparagus racemosus) binded in a purely vegetarian capsule covering. It consists of folic acid, a critical nutrient for growth and development of babies. Another major component is calcium, which helps in strengthening of bones and teeth. Shatavari roots consist of ascorbic acid, highly recommended for immunity enhancement.
Dosage: 2 capsules twice a day with plain water after meals.
2. Amla Saar
Planet ayurveda’s Amla saar is a pure vegetarian formulation made by juice extract of amla (Emblica oficinalis). It is purely made with amla herb that is very beneficial for women’s health during pregnancy. As amla is having a supportive role as it deals with no. of major problems occurring during pregnancy like Nausea, vomiting, morning sickness, acidity and even in heartburn. It also helps in proper absorption of all the essential nutrients that are having a good supportive role in pregnancy. It makes bowel habits good and boosts up the digestion.
Dosage: 3 tsp. twice daily with equal quantity of water.
3. Spirulina Capsules
Planet ayurveda’s Spirulina capsules are purely made with spirulina which consists of no. of macro and micro nutrients that are very effective in maintaining good health of women during pregnancy. It consists of folic acid, beta carotene most of the vitamins like B, A, C, D, E, K all of these provide nourishing effect to pregnant women and her baby. Also helps in inc. red blood cells that are very beneficial in the woman who are suffering from anemia in pregnancy.
Dosage: 2 capsules twice a day with plain water after meals.
Diet for pregnancy health care
Food items to be taken during pregnancy:
- Sweet potatoes
- Dry fruits
- Legumes-enriched with fiber, protein, iron folate, calcium
Food items to be avoided during pregnancy:
- Unwashed fruits and vegetables
- Raw sprouts
- Unpasteurized milk
- Raw sprouts
- Raw eggs
We prefer that a woman’s health needs to be guided during pregnancy. So that she will not face any of the problems occurring during pregnancy or her pregnancy should not be turned into any of the complications. So for better care of woman during pregnancy she is guided to taken ayurvedic formulations that are having great results in treating certain changes occurs during pregnancy and our clinic Planet ayurveda is always here to helps you in an effective way with respect to ancient ayurveda. In case of any queries kindly visit www.planetayurveda.com
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- Herbal Remedies for Progressive Familial Intrahepatic Cholestasis (PFIC) - September 23, 2023
- HERBS EQUIVALENT TO CYMBALTA IN AYURVEDA - September 4, 2023
- How Can Ayurveda Help In PCOD (Polycystic Ovarian Disease)? – Yoga Tips and Herbal Remedies - September 2, 2023
- Ascites and Its Treatment – Diet and Herbal Remedies - August 29, 2023
- Natural Healing of Chylous Ascites with Herbal Remedies - August 24, 2023