Natural Cure For Migraine
Allopathic medicine’s most popular and effective technique delivers a fast response to pain and other symptoms, but it does not provide a complete therapy. Because this stream is complete and provides a holistic approach, my concentration is on the study of headache/migraine (ardhavabhedaka) with alternative lines of treatment such as Ayurveda. An Ayurvedic migraine care pack for treatment of migraine comprising five Ayurvedic medicines, namely Ashwagandha capsules, Medhya Churna, Arogyavardhini Vati, Brahmi Capsules and Pitta Balance Capsules along with regulated diet and lifestyle modifications such as minimum 8 h sleep, morning or evening walk and avoid smoking/drinking, help in managing migraine treatment.
Because of the growth in population, competition is increasing in all aspects of life, including student life, personal life, and job life. Day by day, stress levels rise, and environmental changes occur, all of which contribute to the emergence of various diseases. Migraine is one of the most common disorders nowadays. Around 15% of the world’s population suffers from migraines. In 2019, more than 213 million people were diagnosed with migraines in India, according to this report out of 100, 60% cases reported by women. Most individuals are unaware of Migraine and believe they are suffering from a simple headache so they do not take medication or seek medical advice, which resulted, them suffering greatly.
What is Migraine?
A migraine is a neurological disease that usually affects one side of the head and causes extreme throbbing pain or a pulsing sensation. It’s commonly associated with nausea, vomiting, and excessive light and sound sensitivity. Migraine attacks can last for several hours to days, and the pain might be severe enough to prevent you from going about your usual activities.
Types of Migraine
There are various following types of Migraines
- Migraine with Aura– Migraine with auras is a complicated migraine that is associated with eyesight. There are various symptoms which affect sight, such as seeing flashlights and as a blind spots. Some people also feel some rare symptoms like disoriented or confusion, or faintness. This migration is usually about 5 minutes and last for an upto 1hour. Around 15 to 20% of people suffer from aura migraine.
- Migraine without Aura– It is a common migraine which usually lasts between a few hours to 3 days. Symptoms of this migraine include headache on one side of head, nausea, vomiting, photophobia (sensitive to light) and phonophobia (sensitive to sound).
- Silent Migraine– This type of migraine occurs without head pain.
- Hemiplegic Migraine– In this, neurological changes occur like tingling sensations in the body, extreme weakness and temporary paralysis on one side of the body. In this case, head pain sometimes occurs or sometimes not.
- Chronic Migraine – A chronic migraine is a severe migraine that occurs 15 days in every month.
Symptoms of Migraine
It includes various following symptoms:
- Nausea, vomiting and stomach upset
- Sensitivity to light, sound and odour
- Appetite loss
- Dizziness and visual disturbance
- Neck pain and muscle stiffness
- Difficulty in speaking and reading
- Changes in body temperature (Sometimes feeling very warm or cold)
- Some rare symptoms like fever and diarrhea
Causes of Migraine
The exact cause of migraine headache is unknown but the reason behind migraine pain is irregular brain activity which temporarily affects nerve signals and blood vessels that send pain signals to the brain . Depending on previous research, migraine headaches are also caused by changes of serotonin level in the body. When serotonin level increases, the blood vessels shrinks and when serotonin level decreases, blood vessels swell and both cause migraine pain.
There are some most common migraine triggers related to physical, hormonal, emotional, and medicinal factors:
- Hormonal changes in women during the menstrual period.
- Emotional triggers like stress, anxiety, shock and depression.
- Physical triggers include low blood sugar level, less sleep, shift work etc.
- Dietary triggers include high caffeine consumption and alcohol, poor diet and dehydration.
- Medicinal triggers like consumption of sleeping pills and due to overdose of medicines.
- Environmental factors include weather changes, bright lights, loud noise, high usage of television, mobile and computer screens.
Diagnosis of Migraine
Your doctor needs to correct the diagnosis, so that the patient will get the right treatment of migraine. For that doctor will ask to patient his headache history like when the headache started, any family history, pain occurs in which area of head, any symptoms occurs during headache and patient regular activities etc. Ask the patient about physical and neurological symptoms like vision related, mental confusion, all day sleepiness, unconsciousness, balance problem and speech difficulties and neurological disease history like blood clot in brain, hemorrhage, tumor or any injury of brain.
There are some imaging test for diagnosis of migraine headache
- CT Scan (computed tomography) of head used to diagnose tumor, brain damage, any bleeding in brain or any other medical problem that can be the reason for migraine pain.
- MRI Scan (magnetic resonance imaging) to check detailed images of blood vessels of the brain.
- CT angiography.
- Spinal tap test– also called lumbar puncture test used to analyze cerebrospinal fluid that helps to diagnose infection of brain and infection of brain covering membrane (meningitis).
Treatment of Migraine
In conventional medicine, migraine is commonly treated with pharmaceutical medications (migraine drugs (pills, nasal sprays, or shots), anti-nausea drugs, antidepressant, antiepileptic drugs and lifestyle changes. These medicines have a lot of negative side effects. If these therapies don’t work or you can prefer natural cures, you might want to consider incorporating an integrative approach. One of the best options is ayurveda, an ancient medical tradition. Ayurveda uses alternative treatments, such as herbal remedies, to control the symptoms and does not show any side effects. That’s why ayurvedic medicines are extremely safe.
Ayurvedic Approach to Migraine by Planet Ayurveda
In ayurvedic terms migraine treatment is stated as Ardhawa Bhedak which means pain in half of the head and it is caused by vataj or vata kapha dosha imbalance. Ayurveda uses holistic remedies to balance these doshas. For ayurvedic migraine therapy, Planet Ayurveda offers the best combination of powerful herbal treatments, such as the Migraine Care Pack. We offer items that are natural and pure. They’re all free of adverse effects and completely safe to use. All products are formulated under the guidance of ayurvedic practitioners . Chemicals, additives, or preservatives are not used in the preparation of any of the medicines in the house.
Planet Ayurveda Migraine Care Pack
Here are some simple and effective ayurveda herbal formulations provided by planet ayurveda that perform wonderfully in managing migraine symptoms and reducing severe pain in the face and head.
- Ashwagandha Capsule
- Medhya Churna
- Arogyavardhini Vati
- Brahmi Capsules
- Pitta Balance Capsules
1. Ashwagandha Capsule
Ashwagandha capsules contain standardized extract of ashwagandha plant roots. It is considered as a first-class adaptogenic tonic throughout the world. Ashwagandha Capsules are useful in managing debilitating conditions, fatigue, stress, anxiety and nervous breakdown which all are the symptoms of migraine.
Dose– 1 capsule twice a daily with plain water after a meal.
2. Medhya Churna
It is an 100% natural herbal remedy used in management of migraine by controlling its symptoms. The formulation consist of ingredients like Vacha (Acorus calamus), Ashwagandha (withania somnifera), Ajmoda (Carum roxburghianum), Pipali (piper longum) and Brahmi (bacopa monnieri). Medhya churna is a brain supplement, used to improve memory and control stress, anxiety. Also it is a wonderful product to rejuvenate the nervous system.
Dose– 1/4 teaspoon once daily with 1 spoon of Cow Ghee (Clarified Butter).
3. Arogyavardhini Vati
It is a natural herbal product and does not contain any additives, dyes , preservatives etc. The ingredients are Haritaki(Terminalia chebula), Bibhitaki(Terminalia bellirica), Amalaki (Emblica offocinalis) and Shudh shilajit (Asphaltum) etc. Arogyavardhini Vati helps to balance the vata and kapha dosha. It is used in managing the hypertension problem and also acts as digestive stimulant hence, used to improve digestion problems.
Dose– 2 tablets twice a daily with normal water after a meal.
4. Brahmi Capsules
Brahmi is one of best herbal products without causing any side effects and contains extract of Bacopa monnieri. It is used as a brain function enhancer (memory enhancer), enhancing learning capability and retention.
Dose– 2 capsules, twice daily with plain water.
5. Pitta Balance Capsules
For pitta dosha, Pitta balance is an amazing natural herb comprising cooling compounds, natural calcium compounds. It helps to reduce pitta dosha by providing a cooling effect to the body.
Dose– 1 capsule, twice daily with plain water after a meal.
As discussed above the article gives all the information regarding migraine neurological disorder and it can lead to serious health issues, if not treated properly. Ayurveda provides their natural treatment which helps in managing the root cause of the disease. For more information kindly visit www.PlanetAyurveda.com
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- SARCOIDOSIS ALTERNATIVE AND NATURAL TREATMENT IN AYURVEDA - November 29, 2023
- ENLARGED PROSTATE GLAND OR PROSTATE ENLARGEMENT – ALTERNATIVE TREATMENT WITH NATURAL REMEDIES - November 24, 2023
- PARONYCHIA (NAIL INFECTION) – OVERVIEW, SYMPTOMS, CAUSES AND TREATMENT - November 24, 2023
- AYURVEDIC REMEDIES AND NATURAL TREATMENT FOR HEMOPHAGOCYTIC LYMPHOHISTIOCYTOSIS - November 23, 2023
- Ayurvedic Treatment of Tourette Syndrome - November 22, 2023