Diet in Anal Fistula, Fissure and Piles
The human gastrointestinal tract refers to stomach and intestines which is divided in to upper and lower GIT. It includes all structures from the mouth to the anus. Our bowel or intestinal tract ends with the rectum. Outside opening is known as the anus.
We can say that anal fistula, fissure and piles are little defect in human anatomy, the anal canal that is responsible for the elimination of the stools (loose as well as hard). Sometimes due to constipation or some other causes when abnormal stools are not possible to come out and get stuck inside your colon or rectum, you may have no choice rather than to strain, seldom that leads to cause fistula, fissure or piles (hemorrhoids).
Piles or Hemorrhoids develops from the inflammation of the mucosa and interstitial tissues surrounding the veins of anorectum. There are certain groups of people who are at risk for development of piles, most of cases occur without any specific cause. It may occur genetically as chances are greater when parents are having piles. Sitting for long time on hard seat is also a common cause to develop piles or hemorrhoids. People who are habitual of eating hot, spicy and non veg food are more prone to have this condition. Constipation or diarrhea also contributes. Most of women develop piles during pregnancy or after delivery.
Symptoms include mass or lump formation outside of anal region with pain and bleeding during defecation. Severity depends upon its stages.
Anal fistula is a channel that forms between the skin and muscular opening at the anus (end of the digestive tract). Sometimes an anal fistula causes persistent drainage and in some cases outside of the canal opening closes that results in to recurrent anal abscesses. Ayurveda provides non surgical treatment and treats anal fistula naturally with herbal remedies.
Anal fistula may occur due to, Infection in anal gland which spreads to the skin, after surgery to drain an anal abscess, Physical injury, Life style habits, severe medications for a long time etc.
Symptoms of anal fistula include Constipation or pain when passing stools, Pain which is constant, throbbing and worse while sitting down, Blood or pus discharge, Irritation of the skin around the anus with swelling and redness.
Anal fissure is a small tear in the lining of the anus, often caused by constipation. A hard, dry bowel movement results in a break in the tissues. Fissure may also take place due to frequent diarrhea also. Region around anus becomes dry and irritated. Injury to anal area may also take place during delivery.
Pain, bleeding and itching during defecation are the common signs and symptoms people presents with.
Treatment of Piles, Anal Fistula and Anal Fissure
Anal bleeding, pain, itching and also sometimes drainage from the anus can take place with many different conditions so an expert consultation is must for the better treatment. Ayurvedic medicines like Amalaki, Haritaki, Babhitaki, Haridra, Nirgundi, Aloe Vera, Guggul etc have been proven very efficient in the treatment of piles, fistula and fissure. Herbal remedies like Triphala churn, Triphala Guggul, Cap. Curcumin, Kanchanar Guggul, Sanjivani Vati, Cap. Pile Off, Nirgundi oil etc are recommended according to the condition.
Diet and Life Style in Anal Fistula, Fissure and Piles
Diet plays a very important role in the treatment of Fistula in Ano, Anal Fissure and Piles.
- Avoid very spicy, hot food items which may lead to further complications and increases the signs and symptoms. All this may aggravate the condition like pain and bleeding during defecation.
- Diet with high fiber is highly recommended. Fiber works by increasing the amount of stools in the intestines. Regular use of high fiber diet can be useful to manage the condition. Examples of high fiber diet are brown rice, brown bread, barley, papaya, banana, pear, broccoli, carrot, tomato, onion, apple etc.
- Eat a bowl of raw cabbage juice daily to soften the stools.
- Drink plenty of water to clear the channels and flush out the toxins out from the body.
- Avoid tea, coffee, soft drinks, alcohol, chewing tobaccos also.
- Eat lot of fruits like papaya as it is very effective fruit to clear the bowels and avoid constipation. Papaya, bananas help to eliminate the indigestive food which gets accumulated in intestines and stomach.
- Take 1000 mg almost daily through diet as it helps in prevention of anal fistula from the anal abscess. Amla, oranges etc are the main sources.
- Have less meal at a time and avoid large meals so that intestines have less amount of food to digest at a time.
- Avoid excessive cleansing of the anal region as it may leads to irritation and itching of the particular area.
- Sitz bath must be tried and it is mostly suggested by the doctors. Here buttocks are immersed in warm water up to almost 30 minutes at a time. Some analgesic oils can also be added to pacify the symptoms.
- Use ring shaped cushion that takes weight off the anus. And it reduces the pressure over the blood vessels of the anal region.
- Yoga, Meditation, Relaxing Therapies like listening to music help to reduce the stress and tension and therefore manage the condition accordingly.
- According to the need of a person, anything can be added or restricted in diet.
- Follow strict instructions and guidelines of an expert for better results.
Video – Diet in Anal Fistula, Fissure & Piles
Contact Planet Ayurveda Support Team to provide you the costing/ordering and delivery information at email@example.com or Call at 0172-521-4040 (India), +91-172-521-4040 (Outside India) or Whatsapp at (+91) 842-749-4030.
Planet Ayurveda presents you all various wondefull Herbal Remedies to fight against Anal Fistula, Anal Fissure and Piles. We provide you all 100% standardized extracts of Pure Herbs and our products go under Quality and Potency check before reaching people. We try our best to present our products in purest form because we believe that Your Health is our Responsibility.
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- AYURVEDIC HERBS FOR NURTURING LIVER - February 9, 2024
- WHAT ARE FENNEL SEEDS? HEALTH BENEFITS - February 9, 2024
- BLACK PEPPER IN AYURVEDA, HISTORY, FORMATION AND EFFECT ON HEALTH - February 7, 2024
- CORIANDER SEEDS, HISTORY, PROPERTIES & HEALTH BENEFITS - February 2, 2024
- CUMIN DEFINITION, VARIETIES, TRADITIONAL USES & ITS EFFECTS ON HEALTH - February 1, 2024