Ayurvedic Perspective Of Lower Back Pain & Its Treatment
A common Painful condition affecting the lower portion of the spine. Low back pain is caused by injury to a muscle or ligament. Common causes include weight lifting, poor posture, lack of regular exercise, a slipped disc or arthritis. Reduce your risk of low back pain by keeping at a healthy weight and staying active. Lower back pain mostly in people above 30 ages. Disks wear away with age. As the disk weakens and wears down pain and stiffness occur.
The low back also called the lumbar region is the area of the back that starts below the ribcage. Almost everyone has low back pain at some point in life. The low back supports the weight of the upper body and provides mobility for everyday motions such as bending and twisting. According to the National institute of neurological disorders and Stroke, low back pain is the most common cause of job-related disability. Most low back pain is the result of an injury, such as muscle sprains or strains due to sudden movements of the body.
CAUSES OF LOWER BACK PAIN
Many injuries, conditions and diseases can cause lower back pain:-
- Strains & sprains: Strains and sprains are the most common cause of back pain. By lifting heavy weight muscle tendons can be injured. By sneezing, coughing and bending over can cause back strain.
- Disk problems: Sometimes press on a nerve by disking a bulge from their position in the spine. Disks can get flatter and offer less protection with age.
- Osteoarthritis: Osteoarthritis is the most common type of arthritis to cause lower back pain and inflammation and stiffness in the spine.
- Associated diseases like cancer can cause back pain, kidney stones, abdominal aortic aneurysm.
- Fractures: During an accident the bones in the spine can break. Many other conditions also increase the risk of fractures.
RISK FACTOR FOR LOWER BACK PAIN
Following are the risk factor for lower back pain:-
- AGE: Above 30 age people have more cases of lower back pain. With age disks wear away. By weaken the disks the pain and stiffness can occur.
- WEIGHT: People with more weight have more chances of lower back pain because more weight also put more pressure on the disk.
- OCCUPATIONAL AND LIFESTYLE: Heavy lifting jobs and activities or bending moments can also increase the risk of a back injury.
- DISEASE: Family history of osteoarthritis and other cancerous diseases have more chances of low back pain.
- MENTAL HEALTH: Depression and anxiety can also increase back pain.
- OVERALL HEALTH: Weakened abdominal muscles can’t support the spine. People who smoke and drink alcohol excessively have a higher risk of a back injury.
SYMPTOMS OF LOWER BACK PAIN
- Pain may be sharp or dull
- Posture problems
- Muscle spasms
- Pain that worsens after prolonged sitting or standing
- SPINE X-RAY
- CT SCAN
In ayurveda, back pain is called Kati shoola or kati graham and considered to be an imbalance of Vata Dosha. The dhatus or tissues impacted are Mamsa (muscle), Asthi (bone) and Majja. The pelvic region, the lower back and colon is the seat of Vata dosha. Whenever we experience pain, Vata dosha is involved.
TREATMENT FOR LOWER BACK PAIN
With rest and ice mild Lower back pain gets better and works as a pain reliever. Treatment for lower back pain includes:
- MEDICATIONS: Non-steroidal anti inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) are used to relieve pain.
- PHYSICAL THERAPY: It can strengthen our muscles. It can support your spine. It improves flexibility of our body.
- HANDS ON MANIPULATION: By Several hands on treatment the tight muscles get relaxed and also reduces our body pain.
- INJECTIONS: With the help of Steroid injections inflammation and pain get reduced.
- SURGERY: Sometimes some injuries need surgical repair.
TREATMENT FOR LOWER BACK PAIN BY PLANET AYURVEDA
On the planet ayurveda lower back pain is treated by natural herbs which are pure vegetarian and 100% natural. These are free from colors, preservatives and devoid of any kind of adverse effects. Planet ayurveda offers lots of formulations for back pain but some of them are listed below:-
- Maha Yograj Guggul
- Joint Aid Plus
- Boswellia Curcumin
- Bala Ashwagandhadi Thailam
1. Maha Yograj Guggul
It helps to support the health of all body organs. It includes emblica officinalis, commiphora mukul, piper longum and terminalia chebula and many other ingredients are in it. It maintains the vata body energy. It gives relief from pain and stiffness.
Dosage: 1 tablet twice daily with lukewarm water.
2. Joint Aid Plus
It helps to maintain overall health and well-being. Its ingredients are Nirgundi (vitex negundo) Shallaki (boswellia serrata) Sonth (zingiber officinale) and other ingredients in it. It supports muscle health (bone & joint).
Dosage: 2 capsules twice daily with plain water after meals.
3. Boswellia Curcumin
It maintains joint health. It is the combination of Shallaki (boswellia serrata) and Curcumin (haridra) (curcuma longa). It is very effective to maintain healthy joints and provide strengthening to muscle.
Dosage: 1 capsule twice daily after meals with plain water.
4. Bala Ashwagandhadi Thailam
The rejuvenating properties of the oil strengthen the muscles, tone the nerves and improve nerve conduction. Its ingredients are Ashwagandha (withania somnifera) Taila (sesame oil) Sariva (hemidesmus indicus) and other ingredients in it. It supports joint health.
Usage: Just apply on the affected area.
Contact my assistant to provide you the costing / ordering and delivery information at – firstname.lastname@example.org or call at +91-172-521-4040 Or Check Website – www.PlanetAyurveda.com
Lower back pain is due to imbalance of vata dosha. Low back pain is caused by injury to a muscle or ligament. It is mostly due to weighing heavy objects or in sitting jobs. On planet Ayurveda for low back pain some herbs are used to cure it. The product is formulated by an MD ayurveda expert. The product is free from chemicals, colors and other additives.
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- Lower Back Pain & its Natural Management Ayurveda - March 16, 2023
- Herbal Remedies for Meralgia Paresthetica (Bernhardt-Roth Syndrome) - March 15, 2023
- Scotty Cramp Disease in Scottish Terriers - March 13, 2023
- Treatment of Granulomatous Meningoencephalitis (GME) in Dogs - February 18, 2023
- Masticatory Muscle Myositis in Dogs-Symptoms, Causes & Treatment - February 17, 2023