What is Yasthimandu Ghan Vati? And Explain the Method of Preparation
Yasthimadhu is commonly known as mulethi and is easily available in Indian cuisine. There are many health benefits of this herb that are well known by everyone, as described in Ayurveda many years ago. Our Acharyas referred it as Svarya that is good for throat and included in many more ganas like it is said to be the kanthaya, jeevneeya, sandhaniya, snehopaga, varnya, kandughan, mutra virajneeya, chardi nigrahan, shonit sthapana, vamanopaga, asthapanopaga these all are categorised by Acharya Charak in their mahakashaya. Acharya Sushruta categorised it in kakolyadi gana, Anjanadi gana, sarivadi gana. This is used for hoarseness of voice and is having various properties like antacid , anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anti-ulcerogenic, anti-alzheimer, anti-cancerous, analgesic, immune modulator, anti-asthmatic, anti-arthritic, and is rich in aphrodisiac properties. In this article we are going to discuss the yasthimadhu herb and its health benefits.
Yashtimadhu is Glycyrrhiza glabra belongs to the family of fabaceae commonly known as Liquorice or sweetwood, the whole herb is said to have various health benefits, its stem is sweet in nature, ‘Glykas’ means sweet, ‘rhiza’ means root and ‘glabra’ is smooth and hairless. Planet Ayurveda is a herbal manufacturing company that provides best formulation for various health benefits and that provides efficacious treatment to the patients with our natural herbal products. Our products are free from side or adverse effects and colores, dyes or fillers because they are harmful for our health. This herb would pacify Vata-pitta dosha because of its madhur (sweet) rasa and sheeta (cold) veerya (potency). That’s why it is used in various ailments such as cough, congested chest, headache, breathing problems or acidity.
This herb is rich in glycyrrhine, licoagrone, isoflavone etc due to these effective chemical constituents it can be helpful in microbial diseases, viral diseases, inflammatory diseases, and acts as anti-allergic in properties. This herb is also used as a paste form in different skin diseases, because of its cold potency. So we can say that it would pacify increased Pitta, Vata and Rakta dosha, it helps to increase the strength of the body, enhance the complexion, clarifies the vision, reproductive capacity, helps in growing the hair, and shows clarity of voice. This herb is commonly used to relieve the ulcers, any swelling, vomiting, any degenerative conditions and excessive thirst.
Rasa Panchak of Yashtimadhu
Rasa (Taste) – Madhur (Sweet).
Guna (Quality) – Guru (Heavy), Snigdha (Moist)
Veerya (Potency) – Sheeta (Cold)
Vipaka (Post digestive effect) – Madhur (Sweet).
Karma (Action) – Alleviates the Vata and Pitta dosha.
Projyang (Part used) – Moola (Root)
Dosage – 3-5 gm.
Collection of herb or its preservation – This herb’s root should be collected in the winter season, that is november and december at this time the root is high in glycyrrhizic acid and after collection of root remove the soil and other residual particles that are not good for our health, then the roots are cut into pieces and should be dried in the sun for 2- 3 days and then in shady areas for next 10- 12 days then preserved for further use.
Glycyrrhiza glabra can be the first choice of throat infections or to strengthen the body. This is one of the best kanthaya herbs that is said by the various Acharyas. In ancient texts this herb is called the natural blood purifier and helps to treat many skin disorders. In a nutshell we can say that this herb is helpful in alleviating the Vata and pitta condition effectively without causing any type of side-effects.
Method of Preparation of Yasthimadhu Ghan Vati
Roots of Yasthimadhu is taken in dried state and then grinded in the form of fine powder, this fine powder then mixed with jaggery to make it in paste form. Paste is used to roll in the form of pills, and preserve them after drying these tablets.This is a classical method of preparation that is used to prepare the tablets or vati mentioned in various different samhitas.
Ayurvedic Properties of Yasthimadhu Ghan Vati
- This herb is well known for its effective results in respiratory diseases, it gives a soothing effect on the throat or pharynx.
- This is very effective in cough remedy, sore throat, hoarseness of voice, chest congestion, bronchitis, chronic bronchitis, and also helps to boost the immunity and plays a major role in asthamatic or many other allergic conditions.
- This herb is helpful in supporting the good health of the digestive system, this herb helps to lower the acidity levels, it is very good in GI disorders, indigestion, peptic ulcers, irritable bowel syndrome, gastritis.
- This is used for hypothyroidism, that means it helps to increase the thyroid gland to produce enough of certain crucial hormones.
- It is also very useful in skin ailments.
- It helps to calm down the fever symptoms.
- It specially used in the swarbheda (hoarseness of voice), in hicca (hiccup), in pandu (anaemia), in kasa (cough), in aruchi (Anorexia), in trishna (excessive thirst), in daha (burning sensation).
- This herb is also used in conversion of testosterone into dihydrotestosterone, this hormone helps to stimulate the cell division that helps to maintain the size of prostate gland and also manage the symptoms of benign prostate enlargement.
- This herb has great anti-microbial activities, boosts the immunity and fights against many harmful microorganisms.
- This herb is also effective in athlete’s foot condition.
- You can also use this herb as an antidepressant, as it may help the patients get relief from the stress, anxiety and other depressive conditions.
- This herb is considered as Rasayana and has regenerative properties so it can be used in degenerative disorders also.
- It helps by increasing the level of healthy cholesterol in the body and lowering the level of bad cholesterol. This means controlling the imbalance cholesterol levels is one of the effective benefits of yashtimadhu.
- Its beneficial effects are also seen in the liver protection that it helps to give protection to the liver from the damage caused by free radicals by treating the jaundice,cirrhosis or fatty liver.
Contact Planet Ayurveda Support Team to provide you the costing/ordering and delivery information at – email@example.com or Call at 0172-521-4040 (India), +91-172-521-4040 (Outside India) or Whatsapp at (+91) 842-749-4030.
Planet Ayurveda is a holistic herbal manufacturing company that helps the patient by providing effective remedies to treat various types of diseases. Our medications show great results to the patients and cause great impact on their health by managing or modifying their diet and lifestyle. Our medications are totally free from side-effects and manufactured by the natural herbs so our formulations are 100% natural. Our prepared formulations are free from fillers, dyes, preservatives, chemicals or any adulterants. Yasthimadhu ghan vati is also a very efficient remedy for various health disorders that is treated effectively. This herb is commonly used in our kitchens for various health benefits.
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- What is Yasthimandu Ghan Vati? And Explain the Method of Preparation - January 25, 2023
- Ayurvedic Perspective on Vestibular Hypofunction? All about the Disease, Varun Dhawan is diagnosed with - January 24, 2023
- What is Apitherapy? Its Benefits & how it is Part of Ayurveda - January 21, 2023
- Herbal Remedies for Cheyletiellosis Treatment - January 19, 2023
- Herbal Remedies for Paranoid Personality Disorder Treatment - January 16, 2023