Natural Cure For Overactive Bladder
The term overactive bladder is characterized by the sudden and frequent urge to urinate, leakage of urine, need to wake up to urinate several times during night. Overactive bladder also known as OAB is actually not a disease. The person suffering from OAB may feel embarrassed in public places or social gatherings due to frequent need to go to pee, this results in cutting them off from social and work life. This article is all about OAB with every detail you might want to learn about the condition along with herbal treatment and management by Planet Ayurveda.
INTRODUCTION TO OVERACTIVE BLADDER
OAB or overactive bladder is a group of symptoms including uncontrolled, sudden urge or need to pass urine. This urgency can many times lead to incontinence (leaking) of urine. People suffering from OAB also have this frequent urge to urinate during the night. Sudden feelings of wanting to pass urine and leakage of urine many times can make one’s life difficult. OAB disturbs work life, social life, sleep and exercise of a person. Not treating the condition can make it really difficult for a person to get through the day with numerous trips to the washroom. Suffering people do not want to go away from home with friends or family as one is afraid of being away from the washroom when they’ll need it.
Everyone reading this article must know that OAB is not a normal phenomenon of getting old, not an issue of the prostate, and not only women suffer from this.
AYURVEDIC ASPECT OF OVERACTIVE BLADDER
As per Ayurveda, the ailments affecting the bladder and urethra are termed as Mutraghata. While the conditions including the excessive urination or polyuria is known as prameha. Complaints of urinary tract like Overactive bladder arise due to the aggravated Vata dosha and can be treated with the herbs that balance the Vata dosha and also provide the strength to bladder muscles.
CAUSES OF OVERACTIVE BLADDER
Overactive bladder or OAB can be caused due to various reasons and some of the possible causes are discussed below:
- Weakness of pelvic muscles due to childbirth and pregnancy as they are overstretched and become weak during pregnancy. Bladder can become sagged due to this from its normal position which can lead to leakage of urine
- Bladder emptying signals are sent from brain to bladder through nerves and then one feels the urge to urinate. But when there is a problem in this signaling, it can lead to frequent and untimely urge to pee. This can occur due to nerve damage caused by trauma or certain diseases like Parkinson’s disease, pelvic surgery, herniated disc, stroke or multiple sclerosis.
- Certain medications can cause dulling of nerves which eventually affects the transfer of signals from brain to bladder resulting in overflow of bladder. Also there are diuretics present in many of medicines cause frequent urge to urinate and leakage of urine
- Urinary tract infection can also result in irritation of nerves of bladder and cause sudden squeezing of bladder
- Being overweight can put pressure on bladder and hence urine incontinence
- Deficiency of estrogen in women after menopause can lead to urgency
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF OVERACTIVE BLADDER
Signs and symptoms of OAB are very evident and clear, such as:
- Sudden and frequent urge to pass urine that is difficult to control
- Urgency incontinence, i.e. Passing of urine suddenly without intention after urgent urge
- Passing urine around 8-10 times daily within 24 hours
- Nocturia, i.e. Waking up to pass urine at night for more than two times
DIAGNOSIS OF OVERACTIVE BLADDER
First of all the revelation of symptoms during history taking will point towards the overactive bladder and to confirm your doctor must advise you certain tests in order to confirm it. Physical examination including rectal and pelvic examination can be done for women. Urine tests are done to evaluate infections if any present, and certain neurological examinations are done if needed to identify abnormal reflexes or sensory problems.
TREATMENT OF OVERACTIVE BLADDER
General treatment of OAB or overactive bladder include Pelvic floor muscle exercises, bladder training to delay voiding when one feel urge to urinate, intermittent catheterization along with medications like Tolterodine, Oxybutynin, Trospium, Mirabegron, etc. However all of these medications have common side effects like dry mouth and dry eyes which causes one to drink more and more water aggravating the symptoms of overactive bladder. Further nerve stimulation or surgery is suggested.
AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR OVERACTIVE BLADDER
As discussed above, Ayurvedic treatment includes herbs which balance the Vata dosha along with the herbs that treat the underlying cause. There are certain dietary changes as per Ayurveda which will help in resolving the symptoms like:
- Avoid taking hot spices
- Drink lemon juice, orange juice, coconut water and pineapple juice.
- Use cinnamon in cooking or drink herbal tea of cinnamon as it contains antibacterial effect which can help in urinary infection
- Drink coriander infused water as it will help in soothing and nourishing urinary tract and flushes out toxins
- Avoid using conventional salt rather use Himalayan pink salt, sea salt or rock salt
HERBAL REMEDIES BY PLANET AYURVEDA FOR OVERACTIVE BLADDER
Planet Ayurveda is a renowned herbal pharmaceutical company which deals in the production of the herbal products and its usage for treating patients by experienced MD Ayurveda doctors. Herbal products manufactured at Planet Ayurveda are free from chemicals, preservatives, fillers, dye, colors, dye, yeast and additives and are purely vegetarian. These products are not only used in India but in various parts of the world through distributors of the company. For overactive bladder or OAB, Planet Ayurveda offers a combination of herbal medicines that help in treating and managing the condition naturally.
- Shilajit Capsule
- Chandraprabha Vati
- Tribulus Power
- Ashwagandha Capsule
This combination of herbal medicines contains herbs that are naturally potent in providing strength to the bladder, treating infections and eventually restoring the healthy function of bladder.
1. Shilajit Capsule
Standardized extract of Shilajit (Asphaltum) is used in preparation of these capsules. These capsules give strength to muscles treating weakness of muscles and managing the poor muscle coordination that helps in restoring normal function of bladder.
Dosage– Take 1 capsule twice daily after meals with plain water.
2. Chandraprabha Vati
These are the multi herbal tablets which is prepared using Hairdra (Curcuma longa), Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia), Shilajit (Asphaltum), Guggul (Commiphora mukul), Kapur (Cinnamomum camphora), Chavya (Piper chaba), Mustak (Cyperus rotundus) etc. Chandraprabha vati helps in relieving urinary troubles like urgency and frequency and also helps in clearing off the infection.
Dosage– Take 2 tablets twice daily after meals with plain water.
3. Tribulus Power
It is the single herb capsules prepared using standardized extract of Gokshura (Tribulus terrestris). Tribulus power capsules provide strength to muscles and remove weakness. It helps in treating the sagging of the bladder and treating the resulting complaints.
Dosage- Take 1 capsule twice daily after meals with plain water.
4. Ashwagandha Capsule
Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) is the herb used for preparing these capsules. Ashwagandha is very well known for giving strength to the overall body including nerves and muscles, help in healing injuries and prevent urgency and incontinence of urine.
Dosage- Take 1 capsule twice daily after meal with plain water.
Overactive bladder can make a person’s life really difficult and also leave them lonely and depressed. However, OAB can be treated effectively without any invasive or surgical treatment. Ayurveda can help in treating the condition naturally and you can get back your normal daily life. In case of any query kindly visit www.PlanetAyurveda.com. For more queries, you can send your queries to our email id firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- Herbal Remedies for Progressive Familial Intrahepatic Cholestasis (PFIC) - September 23, 2023
- HERBS EQUIVALENT TO CYMBALTA IN AYURVEDA - September 4, 2023
- How Can Ayurveda Help In PCOD (Polycystic Ovarian Disease)? – Yoga Tips and Herbal Remedies - September 2, 2023
- Ascites and Its Treatment – Diet and Herbal Remedies - August 29, 2023
- Natural Healing of Chylous Ascites with Herbal Remedies - August 24, 2023