Natural Treatment of Non Ischemic Priapism(high flow priapism)
In this article our main topic of discussion will be a disorder that hampers the normal functioning of male genital organs known as “non ischemic priapism”. such kinds of disorders lead to a bad impact on the nervous system of the body as well as it will lead to complications like mood disorders, depression etc. Ayurveda deals with such malady by going into the base level of pathology and eliminating the root cause of disease (nidan parivarjan chikitsa). So let’s start discussing this in detail.
The term priapism means prolonged erection of the penis. The erection continues to persist for a longer duration of time and generally isn’t caused by sexual stimulation. This condition generally affects males in their 30s and older years of life. Penile erection occurs when blood circulation is proper in the associated structure. Normally when a man gets aroused, the arteries in his penis gets relax and expand in size, that increases the blood flow to the penis and it will become erect and after the stimulation ends, blood flows out from the penile region and penis returns to its flaccid state.
Types of Priapism
Generally priapism is to two types
- Ischemic priapism- It is also known as ‘low flow priapism’ and occurs when blood flow gets occluded and does not leave the penis. This type is generally more common in prevalence. It is seen more prevalent in those individuals who are suffering from certain hereditary disorders such as sickle cell anemia.
- Non ischemic priapism- Popularly known as “high flow priapism”. It occurs when blood flow to the penile region is not regulated properly. This type of priapism is less painful than ischemic priapism. Erection of penis lasts for more than four hours.
Ayurvedic overview of nonischemic priapism
As there is involvement of male genital organ (penis) in this we can correlate this ailment with “shukra vaha srotas dushti”. Shukra vaha srotas have their main residing seat in testicles (vrishan) and penis (shef). If there is generation of pathology in these associated structures it comes under shukra vaha srotas dushti.
These are the main factors (nidan as per ayurveda) that results in formation of an ailment.
- External injury to spinal cord.
- Accidental injury to genital organs.
- Insect bite.
- Use of certain drugs such as cocaine.
- Poisoning from carbon monoxide.
Presence of underlying blood disorders such as
- Sickle cell anemia.
- Multiple myeloma
Use of antidepressant drugs such as chlorpromazine, trazodone etc.
- Metabolic disorders like amyloidosis and gout.
- Sexually transmitted diseases.
- Over consumption of alcohol, marijuana and other drugs.
According to ayurveda: The main causes of shukra vaha srotas dushti are as follow
- Indulgence in sexual acts at improper time.
- Suppression of semen discharge
- Excessive coitus
- Faulty application of surgery, alkali substances.
- Improper use of cauterization.
A symptom means the general complaints along with which patients present in front of the physician. Signs: It means what a physician notices himself by observing the patient’s condition.
- The erection of penis lasts for a longer duration of time irrespective of sexual interest and stimulation.
- Difficulty in micturition.
- Burning sensation.
- Mood swings
- Lack of sexual interest
- Mental distress
- Progressive pain in the penile region
- Rigidness in the penile region.
- Erectile dysfunctioning.
According to Ayurveda
- Non erection of penis
- Progeny will be sick or impotent
- Decreased quantity of semen discharge.
It includes the common diagnostic approaches we use to identify the disease.
Through physical examination of the patient by using
Thorough and detailed history taking.
- Thorough and detailed history taking.
- Blood test.
- Doppler ultrasound
- Blood gas measurement test
According to Ayurveda
The two most preferred diagnostic procedures used by a physician are as follow
Trividh pariksha(Group of 3 diagnostic procedures)
- Darsha- Diagnosis is made by visual examination of the symptoms.
- Sparshan- Physician uses tactile examination to evaluate whether skin is cold/hot
- Prashan– Physicians ask direct questions from the patient, to evaluate the root cause of the disease i.e. history taking.
Asthavidh pariksha (set of 8 examination procedure)
- Nadi pariksha– By palpating the pulse rate of the patient.
- Mutra pariksha– By examining the urine of the patient.
- Mal pariksha– By stool examination.
- Jivha pariksha– By examining the tongue whether coated or not.
- Shabad pariksha– By listening to the natural sounds within the body like intestinal sound (peristalsis) sounds of moving body fluids.
- Sparsh pariksha– By observing the patient skin texture whether it is cool, wet or dry.
- Drik pariksha– When a physician inspects patient symptoms through his/her eyes.
- Akriti pariksha– When a physician evaluates the general appearance of a patient whether he/she looks dull, lethargic or fatigued etc.
According to modern system of medicines
- Medicines like phentolamine will be injected directly to the penile region to treat erectile dysfunctioning.
- Antidepressant medications to treat associated depression like symptoms.
- Medications to treat anxiety and psychotic disorders
- Blood thinner medicines such as heparin and warfarin.
- Generally non ischemic priapism often gets treated on its own, if given proper time to recover.
According to Ayurveda
- Uttar basti (enema) – In this medicated decoction or oil is injected into the penis by using specially made uttar basti yantra (instrument). It will clear out the obstructed blood channel in the penile region.
2. Wash of penile region with specially made herbal solutions such as
- Panchvalkal kwath
- Trin panchmool kwath
- Triphala kwath
3. Sanshman chikitsa: (by oral medication) – In this we control the disease by subsiding dosha within the body itself.
- Shwet parpati
- Praval pishti
Dosage: 125- 250mg with plain water.
- Gokshuradi guggulu
- Chandraprabha vati
Dosage: 1 twice daily with plain water.
Dosage: 20-40ml with equal amount of water after meal.
Herbal Remedies of Planet Ayurveda
Planet ayurveda is a leading herbal manufacturing unit serving people worldwide with their authentic approach of healing by using principles of ayurveda. They have various herbal formulations that will work very efficiently in conditions like nonischemic priapism. It includes:
- Pitta Balance
- Arjuna Capsule
- Curcumin Capsule
- Manjishtha Capsule
1. Pitta Balance
This potent formulation is an efficacious blend of
- praval pishti (coral calcium)
- akik pishti (Agate calcium)
- jawar mohra pishti(an ayurvedic calcium compound)
- giloy satva (stem extract of Tinospora cordifolia) etc
Minerals and herbs present in it have sheet virya (cold potency) thus works very well in reducing aggravated pitta dosha within the body as according to ayurveda elevated pitta dosha is considered as the main culprit in generating ailment like nonischemic priapism
Dosage: 1-2 capsules two times a day with plain water after meals.
2. Arjuna Capsule
This herbal formulation contains pure and standardized extract of arjuna (Terminalia arjuna). Arjuna is known for its numerous health benefits on the heart and circulatory system of our body. It contains kashaya rasa (taste) due to this it acts very well in detoxifying the blood. It is also enriched with pitta pacifying property thus helping in balancing toxicated pitta dosha. Thus works efficiently in the nonischemic priapism
Dosage: 2 Capsules, twice daily with plain water.
3. Curcumin Capsule
This herbal capsule contains pure extract of haridra (Curcuma longa). Haridra is a natural herb that aids in wound healing excellently because it is a natural anti-inflammatory herb. It also contains ‘krimighna property thus works as a very good wormicidal herb in action. It also maintains healthy functioning of the immune system thus increases the disease combating power of our body so assists in non ischemic priapism profoundly.
Dosage: 1-2 capsules two times a day with plain water
4. Manjishtha Capsule
This herbal capsule contains pure extract of manjistha (Rubia cordifolia). This herb is clinically proven as the best blood purifier due to various active principles present in it. It helps in removing harmful toxins out from the blood so it helps in removing non ischemic priapism very profoundly.
Dosage: 1-2 capsules twice daily with plain water after meal.
Contact my assistant to provide you the costing / ordering and delivery information at – email@example.com or call at +91-172-5214030 Or Check Website – www.PlanetAyurveda.com
Now we can conclude that with ayurveda we can sustainably save ourselves from serious outcomes of nonischemic priapism. Although this ailment got corrected on its own but if not treated at the initial level it might give rise to serious health concerns. So by using medicinal herbs available in our surrounding we can get rid of this problem and attain a healthy body and mindset. For ayurvedic treatment, consider planet ayurveda as your utmost priority. Their expert doctors are serving people worldwide by using an authentic approach of healing with basic principles of ayurveda. You can directly visit them at their clinic located in Mohali, Punjab or can send your query on firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- Ayurvedic Treatment Of Interstitial Cystitis - August 26, 2021
- Ayurvedic Treatment For Cecal Volvulus - August 25, 2021
- Natural Remedies For PAD Disease In Ayurveda - August 19, 2021
- Ayurvedic Management for Mitral Valve Prolapse - August 18, 2021
- TOP 7 HOME REMEDIES FOR SWOLLEN LYMPH NODES - August 17, 2021