Natural Alternatives To Retinol For Controlling Ageing
Retinol is also called vitamin A1 (fat soluble) found in food and dietary products. Retinol strengthens the epidermis and reduces the amount of fat from skin to evaporate. Retinol results in slow the signs of skin aging. In this article we are going to elaborate on how by the use of pure herbal medicines the skin can be nourished and maintained wrinkle free and shining. So please have a look at the article and be with me to the end.
Retinol is also called the Holy Grail of skin care ingredients. Retinol is a type of retinoid, a class of vitamin (fat soluble) which is helpful to keep the skin healthy. Retinol act as anti aging property because retinol binds to retinoid receptors over the skin and helps the skin to enhance cell turnover and also helpful in producing elastin and collagen i.e. (skin protein) Retinol is available in forms of oil, creams and serum. Retinol is absorbed perfectly from the skin and a small quantity of retinol goes deeper into the skin layers. Retinol stimulates the production of new blood vessels over the skin and is also helpful in reducing pigmentation. Retinol also reduces the uneven texture of skin and makes skin look more toned and healthy. Retinol improves fine lines and wrinkles and maintains glow. It also helps in controlling acne and lightening hyperpigmentation. Retinol aids as an age preventive skin care routine, helps to accelerate skin renewal, enhance collagen production and reduces the signs of aging, uneven texture and age spots. Retinol is commonly found in carrots, eggs and sweet potatoes.
Uses Of Retinol For Controlling Aging
- Retinol prevents wrinkles as well as smooths the fine lines and signs of age aging due to its minimizing effect.
- Retinol is best to brighten dull skin and results in smoother new skin by exfoliating at cellular level.
- Retinol is beneficial in regulating the oil in our skin and also helpful in minimizing the breakouts that are present on the skin.
- Retinol is beneficial in those who are having dark spots due to past history of pimples, sun burns that happens due to the overexposure of sunlight, hyper pigmentation and helps to fair the skin complexion.
- Retinol is the gold standard ingredient in the branch of skin care and act in more altered manner because of its property of its rejuvenating behavior of aged cells.
- Retinol helps in stimulating the production of collagen, hyaluronic acid and elastin which creates a plumping effect. This effect helps to reduce the visible wrinkles and large pores, fades hyperpigmentation and acne.
- Retinol acts as an anti-aging property because retinol binds to retinoid receptors over the skin and helps the skin to enhance cell turnover and also helpful in producing elastin and collagen i.e. (skin protein). Retinol has an exfoliating effect on skin and this effect helps to improve the texture and tone.
Retinol is beneficial to help unclog pores, exfoliate and smoothen the skin and last but not the least helps in diminishing the appearance of hyperpigmentation, fine lines and wrinkles and improve the skin hydration and results in treating acne. Retinol must be used after thirty’s because at that period of time collagen level in skin starts to decrease rapidly. If a teenager is having the acne, then retinol treatment can be given and advised to continue the retinol treatment even if acne is gone. Retinol must be incorporated in night creams as its nature is to make skin sensitive to light and while interacting with the outer atmosphere you must apply sunscreen over the face.
Source Of Retinol (Vitamin A)
Retinol (vitamin A) is very essential for our body and plays an essential role in maintaining vision, body growth, reproductive health and immunity. If there is deficiency of retinol (vitamin A) it leads to symptoms like hair loss, skin problem, dry eyes, night blindness, and decreased immunity.
- Vegetables – Sweet potato, Carrot, Spinach, Winter squash, Turnip etc.
- Fruits – Mango, Pink grapefruit, watermelon, Papaya, Apricot, Guava etc.
- Animal Source – Beef liver, Cod liver oil, Salmon, Butter, Boiled eggs.
Side Effects Of Retinol
Retinol is a powerful ingredient, but sometimes if used in excess amout cause some side effects on skin. When we add retinol for the first time in the routine it causes some effects on skin like
- Dryness over skin
Treatment Of Side Effects Of Retinol
Due to side effects of retinol, skin appears harsh and dry. So in order to maintain a healthy skin we should follow this treatment
- Always use sunscreen on the day when you added retinol to your routine as it makes the skin light sensitive.
- Ice packs or cold packs can be applied.
- Aloe vera application is best.
- Face packs made-up of haldi, besan curd etc can be applied.
- Chandan packs can be applied.
Ayurvedic Aspect Of Anti-Aging And Glowing Skin
In the ancient era all the rogas (diseases) were managed by ayurvedic culture and the treatment was effective. Ayurveda treats patients from ancient times and effectively cures them. Due to reduced retinol in our body it shows symptoms such as aging effect and hair loss and discoloration of skin. Retinol quantity decreases in the body as we grow older and according to ayurveda in older age the vata which is one of the tridosha in our body increases. In ayurveda there are Vyavasthapak dravya which are used in reducing the signs of aging. Due to an increase in vata the body shows an aging effect and our skin shows the signs of aging. As there are adverse effects of allopathy and by ayurveda we can maintain the balance of doshas i.e. vata mainly to control the disease.
Treatment In Ayurveda Of Anti Aging And Glowing Skin
In Ayurveda Acharya Charak mentioned about the Vayosthapak dravyas in Samhita which are used as anti aging treatment these are 10 dravyas which are mentioned as anti aging property –
- Guduchi (Tinospora Cordifolia)
- Haritaki (Terminalia Chebula)
- Amalaki (Emblica Officinalis)
- Mukta (Pearl)
- Shwet Aprajita (Clitoria Ternatea)
- Jeevanti (Leptadenia Reticulata)
- Shatavari (Asparagus Racemosus)
- Mandukaparni (Centella Asiatica)
- Sarivan (Desmodium Gangeticum)
- Punarnava (Boerhaavia Diffusa)
Lifestyle management in anti aging and glowing skin
- Drink plenty of water
- Reduce stress
- Avoid spicy and fast/oily food
- Have proper sleep
- Have balanced diet
- Low sugar products
- Reduce intake of pickles
- Avoid having constipation
- Daily exercise and walking is must
- Be happy always
Ayurvedic treatment of anti-aging and glowing skin by planet ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda is a globally recognized firm that provides best herb remedies to the patient because it extracts pure raw materials from the herb and makes 100% genuine products with no side effects and the best overall result since 20 years. In ayurveda, one of the best methods to overcome overactive bladder is to normalize the vata dosha in the body. Planet ayurveda provides the best ayurvedic medicines to treat the imbalanced vata dosha. Its products are pure vegetarian and naturally extracted from the herb and medicinal plant. Planet ayurveda strictly follows the government guidelines for making their product best.
- Shilajit Capsules
- Amalaki Rasayan
- Kum Kumadi Tailam
- Brahmi Chyawanprash
1. Shilajit Capsules
It’s a single herb remedy that is made up from the shilajit (Asphaltum punjabianum) best to work and improve your health and generalized weakness. In ayurveda there is shloka that tells us any disease can be cured by using shilajit because it contains various beneficial minerals and vitamins . Also have no side effects.
Dosage: one capsule twice a day with plain water after a meal.
2. Amalaki Rasayan
Amalaki rasayan capsules is a single herb remedy that is made up of amalaki (Emblica offinalis) best works as an anti-aging property and maintains skin health and textures. In ayurveda there is shloka that told us any disease can be cured by using amalaki because it contain various beneficial minerals and vitamins. Also have no side effects.
Dosage: 2 Capsules, twice daily with plain water, after a meal.
3. Kum Kumadi Tailam
Some major ingredients are rakta chandan (pterocarpus santalinus), manjistha (rubia cordifolia), yashtimadhu (glycyrrhiza glabra), daruhaldi (berberis aristata) etc. Kum kumadi tailam is a natural product which has its reference in Charak samhita. It balances pitta dosha mainly. Kum kumadi tailam vitiates the accumulations of toxins that further result in acne production. It reduces dark spots and acne marks from skin.
Dosage: Clean face then dry and then gently massage 10-15 drops of Kumkumadi oil for 10-15 minutes.
4. Brahmi Chyawanprash
Major ingredients of Brahmi Chyawanprash are brahmi (bacopa monnieri), ashwagandha (withania somnifera), jeerak (cuminum cyminum), bhumi amla (Phyllanthus niruri), shatavari (Asparagus racemosus) etc. Brahmi Chyawanprash is best for boosting memory, improving concentration, balance appetite, helps in increasing energy levels, prevents nausea, dizziness, promotes healthy sleep etc.
Dosage: Brahmi Chyawanprash daily with 1 glass of milk or Lukewarm water.
It is better to take ayurvedic medicines because it has no side effects with best results over the years. Ayurveda treats patients from ancient times and effectively cures them. So the above mentioned medicines of herbal ayurveda are best to treat the overactive bladder because all the medicines are free from any preservatives and other chemicals that affect your health. All the herbs are purely vegetarian and made up from 100% naturally occurring organic herbs. One can want to buy these products with reasonable cost, So kindly visit at www.planetayurveda.com
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- Ayurvedic Aspect of Encapsulating Peritoneal Sclerosis - September 28, 2023
- Herbal Remedies for Progressive Familial Intrahepatic Cholestasis (PFIC) - September 23, 2023
- HERBS EQUIVALENT TO CYMBALTA IN AYURVEDA - September 4, 2023
- How Can Ayurveda Help In PCOD (Polycystic Ovarian Disease)? – Yoga Tips and Herbal Remedies - September 2, 2023
- Ascites and Its Treatment – Diet and Herbal Remedies - August 29, 2023