Nasal Polyps – Symptoms, Causes, and Home Remedies
Accepting your nose is the first step towards self-love. But here we are not taking self-love. One more quote which can be mentioned is that a big nose never spoils a handsome face. You might be thinking, what exactly it is and why we are discussing self-love, handsome face and one thing common in both that is nose. Let’s just clear the confusion. Nose is one of the vital parts of the body and our exhalation and inhalation all depend on the nose. But what if our nose is affected with some condition and we face a problem. This article is about nasal polyps and has every necessary information about them. It also has descriptions of formulations that can help in this condition.
Nasal polyps are like a persistent feeling of having nasal congestion. Nasal polyps are benign noncancerous growths in the lining of tissues or mucosa of your nose. These polyps do not tend to develop until a person has completely attained adulthood. The people are in their 30’s and 40’s when they get the nasal polyps. These can be associated with certain inflammatory conditions like asthma, allergic rhinitis (hay fever), chronic rhinosinusitis, cystic fibrosis and repeated sinus infections. These are basically inflamed tissue of nasal mucosa. The mucosa is a very wet layer that protects the inside of your nose and sinuses and also humidifies the air we breathe. During an infection and allergy induced irritation, nasal mucosa becomes swollen and red. This red and swollen mucosa produces fluid that drips out. With prolonged irritation mucosa may develop a polyp. A polyp is a round figured growth that has the capacity to block nasal passengers.
Facts About Nasal Polyps
- Develop in third or fourth decade of life
- Nasal polyps can cause sleep apnea as well
- These Are much more in men than in women
- They hang down like teardrops and grapes
- The nasal polyps are termed as nasa arsh in Ayurveda
- Nasa arsh are the result of kapha vata dosha
- It affects one to four percent of the population
Causes of Nasal Polyps
The Causes of Nasal Polyps are as follows
- These are the result of chronic inflammation
- The inflammation may be associated with asthma, recurring infection, allergies, and sensitivity to drugs and under certain immune disorders.
On the other hand Ayurveda suggests that these are termed as nasa arsh and these nasa arsh are the result of aggravation of vata and kapha dosha. The vata dosha and kapha are aggravated due to the nidaan saven that is intake of causative factors like taking too heavy food, sleeping late at night, exercising too much, stress, sensory overstimulation, skipping meals, lack of movement, overeating, too much sweet salty and fatty food. Even using sedatives and alcohol results in kapha and vata dosha aggravation.
Symptoms of Nasal Polyps
There are certain specific symptoms that are due to nasal polyps. These are as following
- A runny nose
- Persisting type of stiffness
- Loss of sense of taste
- Pain in facial area along with headache
- Continues pressure on your forehead and face
- Snoring and frequent nose bleeds
Ayurveda suggests that certain symptoms of nasa arsha are quite common. These are as follows
- Nasa avrodh (Nasal obstruction)
- Rasa and ghran indriya asatmayaindriyarth sanyog (Anosmia)
- Post nasal drip like feeling of phlegm/ mucus/ secretions from nose etc.
- Facial pain and headache
- Netra kandu (itching around eyes)
- Double vision (commonly associated with cystic and allergic fungal sinusitis)
- Obstructive sleep apnea
Diagnosing Nasal Polyps
- Nasal polyps are diagnosed using nasal endoscopy
- Imaging studies for diagnosing nasal polyps are also done for locating the nasal polyps which are in deeper sites.
Home Remedies for Nasal Polyps
The home remedy for Nasal Polyps includes many but the most basic and effective ones are as following
- Inhalation of Steam
Inhalation of steam and steam therapy. You can use basil leaves or basil oil for steam inhalation. It helps with congestion.
- Saline rinse
In case your nasal polyps are due to an allergic reaction then you can use saline rinse.
- Combination of honey with horseradish
A combination of honey with horseradish is really awesome in this case. Horseradish is a lesser known vegetable but can do miracles in this case. Just eat one Tsp of grated horseradish with honey twice daily. You will see the magic.
- Essential oils
Using essential oils can also help in this case by working as a decongestant agent and unclogs the sinuses.
- Golden milk
Turmeric can also be used along with warm milk. It acts as an anti-infective agent. Just cheer up with golden milk.
Herbal Remedies by Planet Ayurveda for Nasal Polyps
Planet Ayurveda is a herbal product manufacturing company which deals with the production of a very wide range of products. These products are totally herbal and do not have any type of additives, fillers, colours, dyes, preservatives or any other inorganic harmful substances. Planet Ayurveda products are not only available in India but are also exported to various parts of the world. Planet Ayurveda has various certifications which makes our products even more in demand and thus they can be easily exported to various other countries as well. These formulations can be taken by anyone of any age under the strict guidance of your Ayurvedic physician. The products offered by Planet Ayurveda for nasal polyps are as following:
- SEPTRIN TABLETS
- KANCHNAAR GUGGUL
- TULSI CAPSULES
- YAV KSHAR
- DASHMOOLA CAPSULES
1. SEPTRIN TABLETS
Septrin tablet is a very effective anti-inflammatory formulation which has many ingredients likeGuggul (Commiphora mukul), Haldi (Curcuma longa), Tulsi (Ocimum sanctum), Sonth (Zingiber officinale) Marich (Piper nigrum) and Pippali (Piper longum). As the formulation is having guggul it has a healing effect on the body. Due to the presence of other ingredients the formulation is capable of subsiding the inflammation in nasal polyps. The formulation also enhances digestion due to the presence of ingredients like sonth, pippali and maricha. Moreover, the ingredients help in pacification of kapha and vata dosha as well which are the main cause of this condition. These dosha when in balance then nasal polyps automatically subsides. The formulation melts down accumulated kapha dosha and thus removes the blockage of micro channels.
Dosage: Two tablets twice a day after meals with lukewarm water.
2. KANCHNAAR GUGGULThe kanchnaar guggul, is a famous classical formulation which has kanchanar and guggul as its key ingredients. Along with these two it also has many other herbs like amalaki (Emblica officinalis), haritaki (Terminalia chebula), bibhitaki (Terminalia bellerica) etc. which are of help in this situation. The formulation has effective results in pacification of the kapha dosha along with vata dosha. As it pacifies kapha dosha, kanchnar guggul helps in subsiding any type of overgrowths in the body which can be in the form of granthi or arbuda or arsha inside the body. The formulation has a great effect opening the blocked channels inside of the body due to guggul as one of its ingredients and also has a healing effect. Guggul in this or any other formulation gives fantastic results in anulomana of kapha and vata dosha.
Dosage: Two tablets twice a day after meals with Lukewarm water
3. TULSI CAPSULES
The tulsi capsules are prepared with the standardised extract of tulsi (Ocimum sanctum). The tulsi is a very potent herb that has a very great effect in the kapha pacification. In addition it also has its effect on the mucus which is being secreted in the passage again and again. As the kapha is being melted it is present there in the form of mucus which needs to be eliminated and that’s how it works. Tlsi is also known for its toxins eliminating effects and enhancing immunity. The tulsi is known to protect against various infections. It also aids in weight loss as well.
Dosage: One capsule twice a day after meals with lukewarm water
4. YAV KSHAR
Yav kshar is a very popular classical formulation that is prepared with panchang of yava (Five parts of yava). The yava is popularly known as barley and yav kshar is an alkali preparation. The formulation is not only given in nasa arsh but also in various types of heart conditions, malabsorption syndrome along with spleen enlargement. This also works on digestion as it helps in bloating and constipation generally referred to as anaha. Kshar is known to pacify kapha dosha, that’s how this formulation helps in this case. The formulation is having a corrosive effect and is known to work like fire.
Dosage: It has to be applied after soaking on a cotton swab.
5. DASHMOOLA CAPSULES
The dashmoola capsules have standardised extract of herbs and is a patent formulation of planet ayurveda. The formulation has ingredients like bilwa (Aegle marmelos), shyonak (Oroxylum indicum), Patla (Stereospermum suaveolens), agnimantha (Clerodendrum phlomidis), gambhari (Gmelina arborea) and many others. The formulation is known to have a very impressive effect on the pacification of vata dosha and kapha dosha. These capsules are purely vegetarian and are totally safe to be taken by any one of any gender. The dosage of the formulation can vary depending on the age, sex and severity of condition. In addition, the formulation is also known to clear out the ama dosha in the body and has a melting effect thus opening the blocked micro channels.
Dosage: One capsule twice a day after meals with lukewarm water
Contact Planet Ayurveda Support Team to provide you the costing/ordering and delivery information at – email@example.com or Call at 0172-521-4040 (India), +91-172-521-4040 (Outside India) or Whatsapp at (+91) 842-749-4030.
The nasal polyps can be very irritating and can make even sleeping difficult and obviously the one with nasal polyps in his or her nose knows their condition better. That’s why Ayurveda is a better choice than allopathic procedures in this case. The reason for saying this is the tendency of nasal polyps to recurrer and cause more difficulty than before. The formulations mentioned above make sure that the recurrence can be too minimal. All of the medications or formulations are free from chemicals, preservatives etc. and are a very good choice. In case of any query kindly visit www.PlanetAyurveda.com
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- What is Urticarial Vasculitis? – Causes, Symptoms and Ayurvedic Treatment - March 23, 2023
- Lower Back Pain & its Natural Management Ayurveda - March 16, 2023
- Herbal Remedies for Meralgia Paresthetica (Bernhardt-Roth Syndrome) - March 15, 2023
- Scotty Cramp Disease in Scottish Terriers - March 13, 2023
- Treatment of Granulomatous Meningoencephalitis (GME) in Dogs - February 18, 2023