Keep Your Prostate Healthy with Herbal Remedies
Prostate gland is an organ, which is part of the male reproductive system. Male urethra, located near the bladder is wrapped around this gland. In this article, we will learn all about this organ, diseases which commonly affect it and organic herbs that can help in maintaining a healthy Prostate gland naturally.
Prostate is a gland of walnut size which secretes the alkaline fluid that helps in protection and nourishment of the sperm. This gland is the part of male reproductive system which is located between the bladder and penis, in front of the rectum. From the centre of the prostate gland, urethra passes which allows the urine to pass out of the body. Mainly two times prostate grows, once at the time of puberty and another in their thirties.
There can be various problems with this gland just like any other organ in the body, some being insignificant while few can be life threatening. Hence, it is necessary that you must know major points about the diseases which can affect Prostate gland. Some of the major diseases occurring in prostate gland are:
- BPH or Benign prostatic hyperplasia– It is a non-cancerous condition affecting the prostate. There occurs enlargement of the prostate gland causing difficulty in urination and urine excretes out in drops. Patients feel a frequent urge to urinate usually at night. Old people are commonly affected by BPH. Usually in conventional systems of medicine, it is treated by medications to shrink the prostate and in some cases, surgery is also done. /both of these treatments have adverse consequences on health.
- Chronic bacterial prostatitis– It is a rare condition affecting prostate gland resulting in recurring infections. Chronic bacterial prostatitis causes inflammation and swelling of the prostate. In this condition, patients suffer from frequent urinary tract infections. CBP is treated by long antibiotic treatment which in turn, disturbs other body functions a lot.
- Acute bacterial prostatitis– It starts suddenly due to an infection caused by specific bacteria. Patient suffers from acute fever, pain and chills. There is pain while passing the urine and it contains blood occasionally.
- Acute or Chronic Prostatitis– Prostatitis is the inflammation of the prostate gland. It may be either acute or chronic (lasting for a long time). Younger men are more prone to it, ageing between 30-50 years. Prostatitis can be of two types- bacterial and nonbacterial. It can be caused due to certain bacterial infection, irritation from chemicals, sexual abuse, and ailments of pelvic floor muscles.
- Prostate Cancer- It is more common in men aging above 50 years. The exact cause behind its pathogenesis is not clear. Positive family history and advancing age are the contributing factors for Prostate cancer. Treatment depends upon the severity and extension of the disease, whether it is confined to prostate or spread to other body parts as well.
Some of The Common Signs and Symptoms of Prostate Disease
- Difficulty in urinating
- Decreased flow of urine
- Frequent urges to urinate, especially at night
- Pain while passing urine
- Unfruitful urging
- Presence of blood in the urine
Various tests can be done to diagnose the disease affecting prostate gland. Some of them are:
- Physical examination like digital rectal examination
- PSA (Prostate specific antigen) test
- MSU (Mild stream urine) test
- Biopsy of prostate gland
As already discussed, there can be different modes of treatment depending upon the nature of the disease. However, the basic pattern of treatment in any prostate disease include:
- Hormone treatment
All these methods are used in orthodox system of medicine as per the severity and stage of the disease. Each of them has their own side effects which can be seen in the long run. Let us know the better alternative here.
Organic Herbs For Healthy Prostate
Mother nature has given us therapeutic herbs for each and every disease condition. Similarly, for keeping your prostate healthy there are several herbs that can fight with different kinds of diseases and maintain healthy functioning of the gland. These herbs have been used in Ayurveda for centuries, in the form of herbal remedies or medicines which work collectively to eradicate the disease. As per Ayurveda, there are three main doshas which govern the functioning of the body and vitiation of any one or more of them causes disease. Hence, these herbs are used to balance these doshas and facilitate healthy functioning of the body system.
Herbal Remedies By Planet Ayurveda
Planet Ayurveda is a herbal pharmaceutical known for its 100% organic herbal products and supplements. No chemicals, yeast, additives, dye, colors or fillers are present in the products manufactured here. All of them are purely organic, vegetarian and herbal. For Prostate diseases, Planet Ayurveda offers a combination called “Prostate Care Pack” which helps in restoring the health of the gland and maintains its functioning.
Prostate Care Pack Includes the following Herbal Supplements
- Shilajit Capsule
- Tribulus Power
- Varunadi Vati
- Kanchnaar Guggul
1. Shilajit Capsule
Standardized extract of Asphaltum (Shilajit) is used to prepare these capsules. Shilajit capsules help in relieving inflammation, improves sexual health in males, boosts immunity, treats general debility and helps to treat ailments of male reproductive system.
Dosage-Take 2 capsules twice daily after meals with plain water
2. Tribulus Power
It is formulated from the extract of Tribulus terrestris in its standardized form. Tribulus power capsules are well known for treating ailments of male reproductive system. These capsules slow down the aging of the tissues, aids healthy functioning of the male reproductive system and help in strengthening muscles as well.
Dosage– Take 2 capsules twice daily after meals with plain water
3. Varunadi Vati
Herbs like Varun (Crataeva nurvala), Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa), Gokshur (Tribulus terrestris), etc. are used for preparing these herbal tablets which works efficaciously to treat urinary troubles like burning and pain in urination, urinary tract infections and dribbling of urine.
Dosage– Take 2 tablets twice daily after meals with plain water
4. Kanchnaar Guggul
It is the combination of various therapeutic herbs like Kanchnaar bark (Bauhinia variegata), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellerica), etc. Kanchnaar guggul tablets are useful in treating the abnormal growth of the prostate gland and troubles caused due to it, like painful and frequent urination and urinary tract infections.
Dosage– Take 2 tablets twice daily after meals with plain water
Health of Prostate gland can be maintained naturally without popping up the chemical mixed antibiotics and harming the body. There are amazing herbal organic products which have proved to be wonderful when it comes to treat the diseases of Prostate gland. Choosing natural will help you stay healthy without ingesting chemicals.
Latest posts by Dr. Vikram Chauhan (see all)
- Ayurvedic Treatment Of Interstitial Cystitis - August 26, 2021
- Ayurvedic Treatment For Cecal Volvulus - August 25, 2021
- Natural Remedies For PAD Disease In Ayurveda - August 19, 2021
- Ayurvedic Management for Mitral Valve Prolapse - August 18, 2021
- TOP 7 HOME REMEDIES FOR SWOLLEN LYMPH NODES - August 17, 2021